|Chapter 41|

(A/N: at the top you can see what I imagine their prom dresses to look like. As always, feel free to change it for you, just wanted to add some pictures for inspirational purposes. Got the pictures from Pinterest, btw)

|Prom and a surprise for Val|

Valentina POV

Finally, it was time. Today I would be going to Prom (with the dimwit who identifies as Álvaro Rodriguez, but whatever). I was currently in Ruby's room and helping her get ready. She was going to wear an emerald green, floor length dress. I am not going to lie, she looked absolutely stunning. Since she and Francesco both didn't have a date, they agreed to go with each other. That, of course, made our other brothers very happy as they didn't have to threaten any testosterone controlled teenager and they knew that Ruby would, most likely, be around Cesco for most of the night -not that we didn't have bodyguards with us.

I started off with her make-up and pinned her hair out of her face while I worked on her face. Since Ruby was more like the shy girl in public and didn't want anything to draw even more attention to her, I opted for a natural look and then put emerald green lipstick onto her lips. Once done with her make-up, I moved on to her hair. I simply curled her hair and pinned back a few hair strands that were hanging in front of her face and were bothering her. Then I helped her zip the dress up at the back, gave her some earrings (she didn't like wearing much jewelry) and then left her alone to get ready myself.

Now, since I had helped Ruby and had showered before, I was still in my bathing robe (with undergarments under). I entered my room and closed my door behind me, going straight to my closet. I started off with my make-up (just as I had done with Ruby) and for that pinned back my hair. Since I was a dramatic bitch, I was also going for the dramatic bitch effect. I put on concealer (didn't feel the foundation today), cream blush, cream bronzer and highlighter on my cheekbones and nose. Then I moved on to my eyes and put on dark red eyeshadow, finally decided to make a cat eyeliner and then put some glitter on the inside of my eyes (A/N: I meant the little white thingy of the eye. Like in the side there to the nose -no clue what it's called. I hope you understand what I meant). Once I was done with that, I fixed my eyebrows and added dark red lipstick. Then I moved onto my hair, which I braided and then -fancily- pinned the strands up. Having left over a few strands of hair at the front, I curled them and loosely pinned them back, letting a few of my longer "baby" hair fall back in my face after also curling them.

Finally done with my hair and make-up, I stood up and slipped into my dress, which was dark red with a bit of lace on top. My dress was, also, floor length and was off shoulders, but it had short sleeves on my upper arms. I, then, slipped on my red high heels and then went over to my jewelry collection. I put on a short diamond necklace -gifted to me by Álvaro- and matching earrings -bought by moi.

All done, I walked in front of my mirror in which I could fully see myself. Quickly grabbing my clutch, I threw in my phone, keys, money, a portable mirror and my lipstick. Then I walked out of my room, knowing that everyone was waiting downstairs for me.

My brothers are twats! They literally considered locking me in the basement to "keep me safe" from Álvaro while Ruby stood beside them, watching them fuss around and laughing her ass off.

Anyway, I was standing outside of my school, waiting for Álvaro to show up. Don't ask me why he didn't drive with us, he only said that he had something to take care of before arriving here. I swear to myself -'cause I'm a goddess- if he shows up in bloody clothes I will kill him. Welp, at least it would match my dress.

"Finally, there you are." I hooked my arm under his and walked inside with him, both of our heads held high, walking like we fucking owned this place.

"Let's leave, mi amor. I've got a surprise for you", Álvaro whispered into my ear as our second slow -and very close- dance ended. I cocked my eyebrow at him, but nodded nonetheless.

Let's see where he'll take me.

He took me to eat. Fuck, he knows me and how much I love food. In my defense: He loves food too.

"You set that all up for me?", I asked him. I was speechless. It looked so romantic; just like a fairytale with the dimmed lighting, the roses and, of course, the delicious looking food. Álvaro never looked like he could pull off any romantic shit, which doesn't really bother me because I'm not that much of a romantic type either.

"All for you, mi amor. The food was brought here while we walked up here", he responded as he adjusted my seat and then sat down himself. We didn't talk much as we ate, just a little small talk here and there.

Until we were done.

He gave me his hand and let me up to the railing -we were on a small mountain. Together we watched as the sun set, which was absolutely breathtaking.

As we watched the sun set, Álvaro suddenly turned me around so I was facing him. "I know, this all is forced, Val", he said with a serious tone in his voice. What was he implying? "I know, you don't want this and part of me doesn't either, but it's for the business. And I know we can make this work, mi amor." Then he let go of my shoulders and got down on one knee, taking out a small box. "So, I, Álvaro Rodriguez, now ask you, Valentina Romano, will you marry me?"

No, I won't. "Yes, I will." A small smile was gracing my lips as he stood up and placed the engagement ring on my finger. He smiled back at me, pulled me in by my waist and kissed me... on the cheek.

"We should probably head back", I said. We had stood there for quite some time, not saying anything, just enjoying the view. Álvaro hummed in response and led me back to the car.

Now, if you are asking yourself: How did that Queen get up the mountain with high heels? Then it's simply because Álvaro carried me.

What? I wasn't about to sprain my ankle!

Arriving home was a bust though.

"Valentina Romano!", I heard Alessandro's voice booming through the mansion as soon as we entered it. "Where the fuck where you and why weren't you answering you're phone?" He came to a stop before me, but instead of crossing his arms in front of him and looking deadly calm -as always-, he engulfed me in a hug and muttered an "I was worried about you" into my ear.

I hugged him back and then dragged him with me to the living room where my other siblings, Álvaro, Paisley and Emerald were already sitting. Yes, you heard right: Paisley and Emerald were now, after two months, officially family. Anyway, without saying anything, I held up my left hand for everyone to see and heard collective gasps around the room. That was enough of an answer, I guess.

To be continued...

Moi - me
Mi amor - my love

^that's what I imagine Val's engagement ring to look like