|Chapter 43|

|Rodriguez mansion|

Third person POV

Ever since the Romano siblings had found out about their first born princess leaving, they haven't gone a day without telling her how much they'll miss her. And then Tuesday rolled around. Valentina's stuff was all packed up and she was smiling sadly at her siblings. She opened her arms widely and without hesitating the others threw themselves at her, hugging her tightly. Reluctantly they let go of her, but not before her brothers gave her a kiss on her forehead. She smiled softly at them, reassuring them over and over again that she'll call them as soon as her feet touched Spain's solid grounds. She turned to her twin, this was the part that she was dreading the most. Tears slipped from her and her sister's faces as they said their goodbyes.

Sniffling Valentina got in the black SUV, softly wiping her eyes. Álvaro frowned at her. He had never seen her cry and always believed that she was incapable of doing so. Now he realised how stupid his thoughts sounded.

Valentina and Ruby had never been separated; not for so far away and such a long time at least.

The Romano brothers couldn't believe themselves. They had just gotten her back and now they already had to let her go again. They felt like something was crushing them from the inside as they watched the car disappear in the distance.

Alessandro sighed, grabbing Ruby's arm and pulling her shaking body into his embrace. He gently pushed her tearful face into his chest, stroking her hair and whispering soothing words to calm her down. His heart was breaking at the sight of her crying and so were the hearts of his younger brothers watching the scene unfold in front of them.

They went back inside, knowing that soon they'll at least be a bit closer to her than they'd be for this week. And somehow that thought alone calmed the Romano siblings down.

Valentina POV

I was trying to get myself together again after having to part from my twin and -embarrassingly- crying; in front of everyone!

It took us around an hour to reach the airport and once we reached our destination, we immediately boarded the private jet. Sighing, l excused myself and entered the small bathroom that actually even fitted a shower inside. I removed the obvious mascara left over from my crying session and opted to just remove the rest of my make-up since it was ruined anyways and I didn't have anything here to fix it with. I should've taken the waterproof mascara -safety first children. Once I was done removing my make-up, I left the bathroom and went back to my seat. On my way there, I noticed that Álvaro was still talking with the pilot. They actually seemed to be friends. And the pilot was hella cute. If I wasn't engaged I would've flirted with him and gotten his number. Scratch that, if Álvaro wouldn't be here and the two of them wouldn't know each other, I would've at least flirted with him.

"Okay, so, here is our bedroom", Álvaro said as he led me upstairs, then turned left and opened the first door on the left, "and there we have a bathroom." He went inside the big bedroom, showing me the door to the right of the bedroom's door. The room was very big and bright, not much color, but I didn't mind. Coming inside, there was the bed, opposite of the bed but still a bit more to the left -probably because of the TV that hung at the wall opposite of the bed. At the left wall of the room, right beside the bed and TV, there were two small shelves, not many things were standing on it -mainly some books. On each side of the -very big- bed was a nightstand.

"Where does my clothing go?"

"I knew you'd ask that", he responded with his signature smirk. "Come with me, I'll show you." He walked out of the bedroom and showed me two doors opposite of our bedroom. "Those are our closets. This one", he showed to the one on the right side -which was also the first door on the right side in this hallway-, "is yours and the other one", he pointed to the other door, "is mine. They're connected with a door inside." I nodded in acknowledgement and opened the door of my closet, taking a good look around. It was much like my old closet in New York. The closet consisted of a lot of wardrobes, mirrors and shelves, but it also had a small desk inside.

"The desk is for your make-up and stuff", Álvaro said from behind me. Again, I nodded. We went on with our little tour and I was thankful that we had done downstairs as soon as we entered the grand house -or, well, mansion. He told me that the bedroom beside ours is Erik's for when he stays here and that the other bedrooms aren't for anyone in particular and his other family members usually used them when they visited him, but he wouldn't call them guest rooms. Then he led me to the actual guest rooms.

The guest rooms were to the right of the stairs. There was literally a whole hallway designated for guests. Did he know so many people that wanted to visit him?

Whatever.

Downstairs consisted of the main entrance and a short hallway where a lot of hangers were to, obviously, hang up jackets and stuff like that. The hallway led into a very big living room, to the left, and a big kitchen, to the right. Everything was open, the rooms had big windows which made the rooms seem even bigger than they already were. From the kitchen you could enter the dining room -which had a very big and long table- and to the other side of the kitchen you could enter the other kitchen. Yes, another kitchen. The kitchen where the cooks prepared the meals. Don't ask me why. Ask him.

From the living room you could enter another hallway which consisted of offices. I will be having one too. That isn't very exciting, I know.

Now, to my favorite part of the mansion. This bloody mansion had a garden with the biggest pool ever, but that wasn't even the most exciting thing. The garden is attached to a beach. Álvaro had his own private beach. And he didn't tell me!

Well, you know what the first thing is that I'll be doing as soon as I'm done unpacking.

Fucking jackpot.

Ruby POV

I groaned in annoyance as Valentina hung up the phone, when she arrived at her new home. Damn, since when do I sound so sappy?

"Val just called, she arrived well and is going to have a guide through her new home now", I told my brothers as I walked downstairs. The boys hummed in response, as I sat down beside Paisley starting a conversation with her. This girl is so much like me, ain't even funny no more! Fucking creepy.

To be continued...

That is how I imagine the staircase thing with the two hallways in different directions

You can imagine the mansion to look like whatever you want and absolutely do not have to go with any of the things I have described.