|Chapter 32|

|our alliances|

Third person POV

"Get your alliances on board and don't let the Sicilian Mafia get suspicious. Act like you know nothing. I don't think that Dario or any of the others are involved; just Giovanni", the young woman said, walking down the hallway, her head held high as she talked to her oldest brother. "Also, be careful about the Russians. They're getting suspicious." With that she left him alone, walking outside and stepping into her car. Finally leaving the base she made her way to a restaurant. Being a member of The Élite had its perks. She had contacts everywhere. But sometimes that wasn't enough.

Valentina Romano gracefully stepped out of her car, walking into the restaurant. Quickly a waiter brought the beauty to her seat. He was already there.

"You're late."

"I had to give my brother some instructions on how to continue", she answered, not letting his statement push her from her path. She was here for one thing and one thing only.

"I've called you to ask for your help, Álvaro", her smooth voice, gaining his attention back.

"For what?"

"We're being targeted."

"Nothing new", he paused, looking down on the menu card before continuing, "You're in the Mafia, of course you're being targeted."

"The Russians and my Uncle have made a deal. Seems like the old man just can't get over his jealousy that he had for his brother", she replied, ignoring his statement whilst trying not to give him too much information.

"His brother is dead'', he said, closing the menu card, putting it back onto the table. Then he put his arms down onto the table and leaned over to me. "On who would he want to take out his jealousy now?"

"The remaining. He's jealous of his own brother because he got the Mafia that he had worked so hard for. And his brother took the woman that he loved and ruined her", she answered, copying his position.

"I am looking forward to seeing you in your prom dress", the handsome man stated before leaving. Valentina rolled her eyes. Does he ever think of anything other than seeing me in particular clothing?, she questioned herself.

"I'm back, did the Greek finally make their decision?", she asked, getting straight back to work as she sat down in one of the armchairs, looking at her brothers. Just as Lorenzo was about to answer, her twin came in and sat down in the other armchair.

Lorenzo sighed. "The Greek is on our side."

"I didn't expect anything else", Alessandro said. "I'm good friends with Alexandros." Alexandros, the leader of the Greek mafia, was around Alessandro's age and very good friends with him.

"Good. We have two of the most powerful Mafias on our side. What's to go wrong?" Everything, Valentina's subconsciousness answered her "question".

"What do you mean with two of the most powerful Mafias?", Antonio asked, confused. The others looked at her expectantly, besides Ruby, who always knew where her sister was and what she was doing -as was the other way around.

"Well, the Spanish Mafia is the most powerful Mafia in the whole world. And as I am to marry the leader, they are on our side. And the Greek Mafia is the second most powerful Mafia in the world."

"Wait! Who said that the Spanish Mafia is involved in this? They never agree to anything like this", Leonardo butted in. Ruby sighed and looked at him with the did-you-even-listen-to-what-she-said-look.

"She is his soon to be wife. He doesn't really have a say anymore. If he wants to marry her then he has to help", with that being clear now, Val turned towards Alessandro.

"Do you have the American and British contacted already?" He nodded.

"The British are in. Especially since Alexandros' sister is the wife of the leader. The Americans are in too. He said he wants revenge for them ruining a few of his shipments", he explained. "Also, I asked the Mexicans since we have an alliance with them."

"YOU DID WHAT?!" He looked at his younger sister with big eyes, just like everyone else, besides Ruby. She looked away sheepishly. Oh no, she forgot to tell him not to tell the Mexican. "The Mexican are close with the Sicilian", Valentina explained and then looked at Ruby, narrowing her eyes on her stupid sister. Formerly mentioned girl sprung up and ran out of the room to get away from the she-devil. New plan then, I guess, Valentina thought to herself. "She was supposed to tell you not to tell them anything", the stressed girl groaned, slumping back in the armchair and massaging her temples, feeling the headache coming already. This is going to be a long night.

"But I thought they were on our sides", Lorenzo said, clearly confused. The Romano brothers were clearly a bit slow and didn't get blessed with the high intelligence like their younger stisters.

"I'm going to make a few calls. We need to lay low for a while. If the Mexican tell the Sicilian from our plan then we need to think quickly. We cant let them ruin everything", Valentina decided, fishing out her phone and dialing the first number coming to her head. Derek Evans, her stepbrother.

She doesn't talk long with him. A simple "Lay low. No mistakes, they might know" is enough for him to know what to do and who to contact next. Next, the young woman decides to call her lovely future husband. But before he picks up, she tells Alessandro to call the Greek, British and American and to tell them what had happened. Again, as Álvaro picks up, she informs him of the situation and then hangs up again. They don't have much time, everything needs to be done fast now. As soon as Alessandro finishes his calls he comes back in and sits down again. Then his phone rings; Dario.

"What is going on? Why are you planning a war against us?", he asked, seemingly angry. Alessandro understood him well, it must be really confusing for him. He mustn't know. Valentina asks her oldest brother to give the phone to her, so she could inform him of what was actually going on.

"So you don't know, huh?!", she asked back, her voice calm as ever yet had a certain coldness to it. This was not the way she had talked to him when they had been visiting them. When everything seemed to be fine, still.

"What don't I know? The reason you are planning to go to war with us?", his voice was calm now. This was business, not family bonding time.

"My my, why don't you ask your bloody father to take out his jealousy on someone else?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? What jealousy?"

"Very well, are you alone?", and this is how they turned the Sicilian Mafia against their former leader.

To be continued...