|Chapter 23|

(A/N: ^the dresses that I took as my inspiration for the twins to wear to the event. Of course, you can imagine it to be something else, just wanted to show you what I imagine them to wear)

|la mafia italiana|

Third person POV

"Everyone done?", Alessandro asked whilst looking at each one of his siblings to make sure everyone was there and ready to go. Today would be a big day for the twin girls. They would finally be introduced to the Italian mafia. Whilst all the boys were wearing a suit with a tie, the girls were wearing a nice dress with high heels. And of course their hair, make-up and nails were matching to their outfits. Valentina would never not match everything she was wearing together. Who would they think she was?

Arriving at the great hall that the Romano brothers had rented for this event, they could see all the cars that were not only parked in the parking lot -that they had-, but also all the way down the road. Of course, there were two parking spots right at the entry door left for the Romanos. They parked the cars and then got out of the car; the twin girls went at last.

As they entered the great hall, everyone stopped talking and moved their gazes to their boss and his family. And to their surprise they saw two girls, looking like the Romano brothers walking in last. Everyone waited for their boss to speak and explain the situation.

Alessandro Romano started his speech with a formal greeting to his people like always. But only when he got to the point where he was addressing the situation everyone seemed to actually listen. "As you all know, Rocco and Amelia Romano had two daughters that were sent away for their protection. Now, after twelve years, they have finally returned and are ready to be introduced to the mafia. Ladies and Gentlemen, Valentina and Ruby Romano." He stepped back to let his sisters introduce themselves. As they did, a few men started to become rude and make sexist remarks. Whilst Ruby stepped back, to keep her brothers from interfering, Valentina made her way down to the men.

As she arrived, everyone was quiet, even the sexist men. "Cat got your tongue, Sweetheart", she asked in a mocking tone to the man who had started with those rude remarks. "I would have if I was you. Up close I look even better, don't I?", she continued, her head held high. She was a goddess and she knew it.

The man in front of her scoffed. "You are nothing but a dumb spoiled bitch. Go back into the kitchen you belong to and make something to eat for your poor brothers who work to provide for your ungrateful ass." Silence. The Romano brothers held themselves back, although they would love to rip that man's head off. Then, Valentina started laughing. It wasn't a genuine and sweet laugh. It was cold; a warning.

"Oh dear, just because I am wearing a dress and high heels and have a vagina doesn't mean I can't kill you. And now, you better start praying that my high heels are too high and my dress is too long to run after you and have my fun with you. I'll promise you, you'll scream like a little pathetic girl. You have five seconds until I'll come after you. Good luck", her voice so cold. The man was scared and immediately started running. A smirk grew on her face. "Oh, I almost forgot. I don't have to run after you. Surround him! Now, bring him to me", she added, the men of her brother obeying her like they hadn't done anything else in their life. Like it was their purpose to live.

"Kneel to your queen, you peasant." Her words rang through the great hall. Immediately, as those words left her lips he fell onto his knees and started begging for his life. But she didn't spare him. "You know what is taught to us at The Èlite as the first thing when you arrive?", she asked, her British accent coming out harsher than she intended to. He shook his head, fearing for his life. "No mercy." And with that, she took her dagger and pushed it through him, having no problem cutting through his skin. She had punctured his lungs and as she took out the dagger again, the blood started flowing into his lungs and closing up his airways. He fell to the ground and started coughing, desperately trying to breath, he only coughed up more blood. Emotionless, Valentina stared down at her victim, watching him choke on his own blood. Satisfied with her work, she turned around to face everyone else who stared at her in disbelief.

"One more sexist joke, one more disrespecting me or my family and you'll end up like him. Maybe worse, depends on my mood", she said and then started walking back to her brothers and sister. "You", she said as she arrived at the top, pointing at a young man standing close to her, "get rid of his body."

She turned back to her brothers, smiling evilly at them. "Did you like the show?", she asked innocently.

"I'll give it four stars out of five because the popcorn was missing", Antonio said, wearing the same smirk his sister had as she killed the man. Valentina rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything. Truth was, she loved the answer he had given.

For the rest of the evening, everything went smoothly. And the Romano brothers were grateful for that. As the evening ended and the Romano siblings went out and got into the cars, they waited. The two oldest -who drove the cars to the great hall- were missing.

Lorenzo POV

"Put the Video out in the underworld. I want everyone to know that they're back and not to mess with", my brother said to one of our best hackers. After that, we quickly left, so our other siblings wouldn't get suspicious. I hope that it was the right decision to introduce the twins to the mafia and put the Video of Val killing the man out into the underworld. By tomorrow morning everyone will know of them. There is no going back anymore.

To be continued...

la mafia italiana - the Italian mafia