|Chapter 13|

|A warning|

Valentina POV

"Remember: Don't talk to anyone, don't act like you know us or could be our sisters and don't talk to us", Antonio said for the hundredth time today. Leonardo and he had taken us to some kind of illegal race thing. Ruby and I didn't know much about cars and racing events, though I did like driving fast cars and we both knew how to handle them.

We exited and as soon as the doors were closed Antonio drove the car further onto the racing grounds, which made the crowd part for the car and stare in awe. I did have to admit that it was a really beautiful car. Ruby and I looked at each other and nodded, we would certainly not follow their stupid "rules". As soon as the car was out of sight we made our way over to one of the food stands.

"We'd like some fries and one sausage for each of us", I placed our orders whilst Ruby was looking around the place to find a good spot to eat. There really wasn't any good place to sit down and eat. We took our food -which I almost burned myself on- and together we started walking around until we found a place where there weren't so many people and ate.

"What should we do now?", I asked her after throwing away the paper plates where our food was on. She shrugged and stared into nothing; probably thinking about what we could do.

"Well, we could steal a car and race, which would be fun but Toni and Leo will probably see us and then they would get suspicious." I said as she kept staring into space, probably thinking of something better to do.

,,We could go back to the main roads, call an uber and drive to the cinema to watch some movie." And that we did. We walked back to the main road -which took us around an hour- and called an uber to pick us up. Once we arrived at the cinema we started arguing which movie we should watch. "Follow me?" or "The hunt"? It was quickly set that we would watch "Follow me?" because we both didn't have our fake IDs with us and "The hunt" was from 18. Hopefully the movie won't be too boring or we'll fall asleep again.

"The movie was alright. What did you think about it?", I asked before taking another sip from my slushie.

"It was okay, I guess. Not that scary to be honest but I have to say, I did not see the end coming", Ruby responded, holding the doors open for me to get through.

"Right?! That was such a plot twist", I said a bit excitedly and started walking down the street. We had decided to explore the region a bit whilst walking to the train station to get back home. The twins should be home by now and hopefully regret everything they have done; two can play the game. Or in our case four. We slowly made our way to the train station whilst looking around. New York was so beautiful, even more at night. I loved the sight of all those lights shining bright into the dark night.

It didn't take long for Val and me to understand why our mother never wanted to go to New York. She couldn't risk running into our brothers or worse our father, maybe one of the men that were working for him. We never really knew because we couldn't remember much, afterall we were just four when we left. We never spoke about our brothers or our father at home; our mother didn't want to be reminded. Until one day she met John; it was shortly after our fifth birthday I believe. He moved in with us a few months after, that's when things went downhill. Our mother started to kind of hate us; calling us rude stuff like "slut", "whore", "bitch" but also other stuff like "disappointment" or "mistake". Thinking back to it hurts. When we were younger we never understood why she called us those bad words that we were never allowed to say. We weren't even allowed to think of them. When we turned six we were sent off to The Élite. We were allowed to see our "family" every six months. We moved back to London shortly after we turned fifteen because we had completed our training. Shortly after moving back in with our mother and John she was run over. I don't think that her death was by accident; I bet it was planned by Rocco. He probably knew about our well-being all along; not that he would've cared.

I looked at Ruby questionably to ask her if she was ready. She gave me a curt nod to reassure me that she was ready to face our brothers. I took out my keys and unlocked the door, swinging it open and entering felt like hours had gone by. But it all happened in only mere seconds. The door opened, Alessandro and Lorenzo sprinting toward us and pulling us into tight hugs. It was kinda cute to be honest. Instead of a lecture being thrown our way, they started to ask us questions like: "Are you okay?", "Where were you?", "Are you guys hurt?", "Did something bad happen?" Now, I get they were worried but they asked us these questions over thousands of times. And in the end it was really annoying. After they had stopped bombarding us with questions, we sat down on the couch and told them that we had left the racing grounds and walked back to the main road. Then we took an uber to drive to the cinema and watched a movie. As we told that Ruby held her -now empty- slushy up in the air with a proud look on her face -which even got the twins to smile.

"Oh dear god, I was so worried about you two!", Alessandro exclaimed for the thousandth time and Enzo nodded vigorously to show that he too had worried about us.

"Now, back to you two! How could you take them to the racing grounds?! Do you know what could have happened to them? Did you even think about the whole thing before doing it?! CAN YOU EVEN THINK? DO YOU NOT HAVE A BRAIN?!", Alessandro was screaming at the top of his lungs. I really wish I would have saved up some of my popcorn from the cinema for now. This is even better than the movie. So much drama!

What happened after that? Well, the boys were grounded for a whole ass month -not that they cared- and they're cars were being confiscated -they did care and threw a whole ass tantrum. I guess it was kind of childish to ground adults and take away their cars but giving the circumstances I didn't give a flying fuck. It was their own fault and they should have known how Ale would react. And Enzo. I had honestly never seen him that mad. And I do not want to see him that mad ever again -he was worse than Alessandro and I didn't have a death wish. Ruby and I were let off with a warning because we could have called them -noted. Afterall, I got a pretty nice show today.

To be continued...