|Chapter 31|

|when everything comes together|

Valentina POV

It had been four weeks since the attack and we captured Denis Kovalenko. We still had him in one of our bases, a bit beaten but alive. And he hasn't said a word. Not a single fucking word left his lips; not in English anyway. He spoke Ukrainian. One of the languages that Ruby and I haven't come to know -unfortunately for us.

"Did he say something?", Ruby asked as our brothers walked back into the mansion. For some reason, we weren't allowed to talk to him; not anymore. Must've been the way he looked at us. Like we were some piece of meat. Like he wanted to do more to us than just talk. It was fucking disgusting. But still we needed a chance to talk to him. Instead of answering, the boys just shook their heads and let themselves fall onto the couch.

"I bet he'd talk if we were the ones asking the questions", I butted in. It was true. A bit seducing and there he was: singing like a little birdie.

"Absolutely not."

"What is the problem, brother dearest?" It wasn't really a question. And I would never purposefully call any of my brothers "brother dearest". Not if I wasn't mocking them.

"Fine. You get to talk to him. One hour, tomorrow at seven in the morning we are driving there", Alessandro said, leaving no room for argument. I saw how my other brothers wanted to protest, to tell him that it wasn't a good idea. But once Alessandro made his mind up there was no going back. Unless I or Rubs would try to change his mind. That just wasn't the case here. Sorry not sorry.

"Denis Kovalenko." I hated the rooms where we kept our prisoners; the dungeons, as we called them. They smelled like blood -which wasn't the biggest problem-, piss and other human feces. Disgusting. My luck, I wasn't the one locked in here.

"What a pretty face the boys gave you", I continued, walking up to him and stroking him across the face. He chuckled at me, leaned into my touch and then gave a kiss to the palm of my hand. So fucking disgusting! Why was I doing this again? Information, right. This time, I chuckled.

"Where are you going with this?", I asked, feigning innocence.

"You tell me." His voice was disgusting to me, but there was no backing down. Not now, not ever. It was like I needed to prove something to my brothers. Just, I didn't know what. I kept going with my act.

"If you must know. I made a deal with the Russians. Kill your brothers and take you and your twin", he finally broke. Told you. And it didn't even take an hour. To be fair, it was five minutes away from hitting nine o'clock -which meant: almost an hour has gone by with me seducing him. "I heard the Russians have a deal with a high animal in the Sicilian Mafia." It was like he couldn't stop anymore. And I was more than glad to soak up all of the information he gave me. And I knew my siblings, who were watching us the whole time, were too.

"Do you know who?", I asked, stroking his hair back and looking seductively at him.

"I'm sorry, pryntsesa. But that's all I know." First mistake, I am not a princess. I am a goddess. Second mistake, he has no information anymore and therefore is useless to me and everyone else here.

"Well, we should get to the fun part then", I said, biting my bottom lip seductively. "Close your eyes, stronzo. And open your mouth." He did as I said while I smiled smugly. Taking out a gun as quietly as I can, I unlock it and shove it into his mouth. Before he could register what was happening, I pulled the trigger, blowing his brains out. Then I turn around and leave the room, joining my siblings as we walk back up.

"A rat in the Sicilian Mafia?", Alessandro asks as we step into his office. Ruby and I exchange a look.

"Or just a rat?", I asked back, though my question wasn't really a question. It was a statement. Could it be? Our own family betraying us? The others seemed confused.

"You mean, our own family betraying us?", Leonardo finally caught on. I shrugged. It could be or it was to distract us.

"No way, absolutely not", Alessandro said, vigorously shaking his head. The others agree with him. Are they so blinded by their family's bond? Do they not see the big ass motive?

"Why not? Giovanni is jealous, he always was, wasn't he? What if we try and see it from his perspective?", I say, walking around the room, taking everybody's emotions in. "He was always the shadow of his older brother, Rocco. Rocco was a real asshole: mentally, emotionally and physically abusing him. He was enjoying the state his younger brother was in; he enjoyed the show." I paused for a few seconds to let my words sink in. "He hates his older brother. Rocco doesn't deserve the Mafia. He was working way harder than his older brother to get the title. But he didn't get one damn thing. Not even the second in command; even that his brother took from him. He gave it to someone else. Someone who wasn't family. And last but not least, Rocco married Amelia. The love of Giovanni's life", I ended, looking at my brothers.

"And he treated Amelia badly. It was the last straw. He was married to Melissa but nonetheless promised himself that he would save Amelia. He worked his way up to the Sicilian Mafia and eventually became the Capo. But then he forgot about Amelia and fell in love with Melissa. Afterall, she always had his back unlike everyone else. Unlike Amelia, who had always just had eyes for his abusive older brother. He started to hate her, despise her. And promised himself, he'd take revenge", Ruby finished.

"How do you guys feel about war?"

To be continued...

pryntsesa - princess
stronzo - asshole