Chapter - 6

Happy reading 🌻✨🌻

Evelyn 🌕

Pain.

That is the only thing I could see in his eyes as I dug my claws deep inside his chest. "Who. Are. You?" I growled loud enough to make the birds and small creatures flee away. "I could easily rip your heart out and trust me, I wouldn't hesitate to do it if you don't fucking answer me."

A whimper left his mouth and tears streamed down his pale skin. "I-I sur-surrender" he choked on his own blood and spat it out. I removed my now soaked in blood claws from him but kept my knee on his stomach. Just in case. "What are you doing in my pack?" He took in the oxygen greedily trying not to die. "I-I was s-searching for s-someone."

"Who?"

"I-I don't know."

I jabbed my knee forcefully in his stomach making him whimper and cry out in pain. "I swear. I don't know anything about him. I was told to track down this scent." he stuttered and held out a green button-up shirt. I took a whiff and immediately recognized that scent, despite the fact that I've smelled it only once. The smell of fresh rain and a tad hint of jasmine was faint in that shirt, but still there. It was his scent. My prisoner. My hands once again found it's way to his throat and started choking him even harder this time. "Why are you searching for him?"

"I was t-told to. I swear on my mate."

That word made me loosen my grip on his throat. I was skeptical about him but I could see that he was being honest in his eyes. I grabbed him by his collar and made him stand up. He whimpered in pain and clutched his stomach. I must've broken one of his rib or two...

"Get your ass to the prison and bring Carissa with you." I growled through the mind link to Josh. They both were there within minutes and looked like they had just rolled out of their beds. "What happened?" J asked looking between me and the tracker.

"Play along" I ordered through the mind link to both of them. "He was searching for the rogue we found 2 days ago. Where did you guys chase him off to?" I asked like I was clueless about him. "Till the river alpha." J was quick to answer. I knew he'd easily catch up with me, and that's why he's going to be my beta. I gave him a curt nod which he returned with a tiniest smile only for me to see. Soon enough Carissa joined the act as well, " He was hiding here but ran after we found him."

I turned my gaze to the tracker and saw his face for a reaction. He believed us immediately saying, "That must be the reason why I smelled him here." I dropped my hand from his collar making him stumble without my support. "Don't trespass ever again. Not everyone would be as kind as me." He wiped his blood off his neck and scowled. "I was kind enough to let you even live after YOU trespassed MY territory" I snarled and made him bow to my alpha tone. I'm not his alpha but I'm higher than him, so it's basically a low ranked wolf's nature to submit to the high ranked ones. "Now get out of my pack." That was all he needed to run for his dear life.

When I was sure that he was nowhere near to hear us, I looked back at Carissa and Josh, who were giving me worried looks. "Follow him and find who he was sent by. Whatever happens you will not show yourself to him or anyone for that case. Get me a picture of that person he meets and come back home immediately" I said sternly. "Yes alpha" she bowed and was about to leave when I stopped her. " Be careful" I said hugging her.

I don't know where I'm sending her to nor where she'll be going, when she'll return. I was worried about her safety but at the same time, I know she is the one to do this job perfectly. She's so good at being stealthy and her short figure just helps her. "You know I will" she returned the hug and was off to work. I looked where she had disappeared for a few seconds, before going back to deal the situation.