Chapter - 2

Picture ^ Alex

Happy reading 🌻✨🌻

Unknown 🌙

Few more steps. Just a few more steps and I'll be off this whatever goddamn pack is. Right now all I wanna do is turn back and rip that son of a bitch's throat, who shot me with wolfsbane. But I can't. I'm getting weaker by every passing second. The wolfsbane they shot me with was pretty powerful that even my wolf couldn't take it. And I definitely can't shift. Now my only option left is jump in the nearby river that I hear and let fate take me wherever it wants. The sun is setting quickly and the night is dangerous. Especially for me. And I don't know where I'm going or how much longer it'll take to reach the river either. Right then something caught my eye. A flag. A red one with what I assumed a moon. This must be another pack is what I finally thought as my vision started to blur. The last thing I knew was holding the flag pole before the darkness consumed me.

Josh 🤎

After the run with Evie I went straight to the training grounds. I know, the Alpha told me to take the day off, but I can't do that. With Evie's 18th birthday nearing, we have so much work to do. Everything should be perfect, and as her bestfriend it's my duty to make sure that everything is in the way she likes. Because it's not just her birthday. It's her coronation day. She is not just the first heir of two strong alphas. She is the first female born in the Shyne's family after 7 generations. She is not just our Alpha. She is our queen. Literally.

I lost count of how many times she came forward to save our pack members almost loosing her own life. From rogues to the wild fire that spread 2 years ago, every time she proved us that she is the Alpha we need. So she is our queen and it is indeed her coronation. But everything is not going smoothly. Of course not. We heard that a rogue is out and destroying everything in it's path. So we had to be prepared. Right when we were about to start training, Beta Clinton's voice popped in my head. "Emergency meeting! Alpha's office, Now!" I looked at Steven, confused only to have the exact same look on him as well. Guess he got the message too. 

We both took off running towards the Pack house. It must be really important if the Beta himself is mind linking us. We don't hear much from our beta. He was like that since his mate and unborn child died. At least he haven't gone insane or become ruthless. Most of the rogues are those who lost their mate and lost their mind. He is still being our beta only because our alpha asked him to.

The atmosphere instantly changed as we stepped inside the Alpha's office. Shirley, and her father Noah, our current Pack warriors leader was already there. But I couldn't find Evie or Jenny. We bowed at them both and Alphas eyebrows immediately scrunched up in confusion as he saw me. I just smiled at him and he nodded.

"We received a call from the Quarter Moon Pack. A rogue has been spotted there and it is believed that it killed two of their pack members. They've tried to shoot him with wolfsbane, but they don't know if they succeed in it or not." The beta's voice was calm but his normally blue eyes were shining with a mix of yellow showing his wolf Keith is in surface. "If he was hit, then he couldn't have made that far." Shirley said like she was deep in thought. "We don't know what this rogue is capable of. I want all of you to alert the warriors and tighten the security. I don't want him to ruin my daughter's birthday in anyway. Got it?" Alpha's voice boomed in the room making us all stiffen and puff our chest up, "Yes Alpha!".

He nodded at us and was about to leave when he called me, "Josh, stay for a bit." I nodded and waited until everyone left. He just dropped his head in his hands and took a deep breath. "I need a favor Josh".

"Anything you ask for alpha." I said bowing my head in respect.

"Will you guard the border with Steven tonight? You're the one I trust the most in this situation." he said and looked at me with hopeful eyes. My wolf was gleaming with pride at our Alpha's words and so was I. "It's my duty Alpha." I bowed my head and he smiled at me. I still had time till the evening so I decided to take some rest. I left the office and walked to my room. I live here, in the pack house. Important members of the pack, the Alpha, beta and the Gamma family, pack warrior leader and his family, and most of the warriors, around 36 members live in the pack house including kids, so I'll let it to your imagination of how big our pack house is. That's not even close to our whole pack members though. We have 1782 members in our pack, making us one of the biggest pack in our country. My room was right next to Evie's. Me, Evie, Jenny and Alex had the 4th floor, the first floor is secluded for children, kitchen, dinning, pack warriors and maids. The second floor is for the alpha, beta, gamma and some elders. The third is the office section of the higher ranks and the same floor had some rooms for important guests. The fourth floor is ours and the last one had a mini theatre, spare bedrooms and store rooms. I didn't even bother changing since I was just in my shorts and plopped on my bed. I didn't know how tired I was until my head hit the pillow.

*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm beeping on my night stand. The sun was starting to set and it's time for me to join Steven. After a quick shower and getting dressed, I was off to guarding. It took me 13 minutes to run to the border in my human form, from the pack house. I'm slower than Evie but she was not training with me for nothing. I reached there and saw Steven talking with some kids telling them to not come this close to the border line.

I was about to join him when my wolf stiffened. I turned around to see what's wrong but nothing was in my sight. Storm wasn't letting it go, so I took a big whiff and it hit me. I shifted and walked as quiet as possible not to make any sounds. As I moved closer to the flag I saw a body laying. Storm instantly took control and was on top of the rogue's body the next second. He was passed out but Storm wanted to bite his head off.

I saw Steven run towards us with a frown on his face. Must have sensed the rogue too. "Storm don't do anything. We don't know who he is." he said. I took a step back from him confused at his words and Storm was still growling at the rogue. "How dare he step on our pack?". I saw Steven staring at the ground, his face concentrated. I knew he was mind linking the Alpha. "Great! The sooner we get the order to kill him, the better." Storm gritted in my mind.

"I informed Evelyn. She'll be here."

Evelyn 🌕

My eyes widened as I took in what Steven just said. "What are you waiting for? Let's go already." Sylvie growled in my head. I just ignored her and looked at Alex who was now staring at me, with a look of concern on his face. I quickly refrained myself and smiled at him, but he raised his eyebrow at me suspiciously. Of course he won't leave it. He's my brother after all. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked crossing my arms with a shrug. "What's wrong?" he deadpanned making me look away from him. "Nothing's wrong" I lied. The last thing I want is having him worry about this rogue situation. "Evie what's wrong?" he placed his hand on my shoulder, his voice dripping with concern.

I sighed knowing that he won't let it go "Nothing I can't handle. Now, I want you to stay in the pack house and do NOT go anywhere alone." I said in a stern voice so that he knows that I'm serious and his face fell. "I'm not a kid anymore Evie!" he yelled. "Yes you are. You are my baby" I said in a duh tone and he just glared at me making me roll my eyes "Alex, you know who you are. You know what kind of attention you'll get if someone knew" I said trying to prove my point. He threw his hands in the air disappointed and stomped to the Pack house.

"He'll understand" Sylvie said. I mentally smiled at her for always being there for me and took off running. Whoever this rogue is I want to see him and kill him myself. How dare he step in MY territory?

A/n:

Please don't forget to vote and comment. And if you guys see any mistake please point it out kindly. Love you all 💋💋❤❤

Word Count : 1569