Chapter - 4

Picture ^ Jenifer Edith Shyne

Happy reading 🌻✨🌻

THIRD PERSON'S POV :

"So you're telling me that there is a she-wolf, an unmated she-wolf, born for two alphas is about to become the alpha in a week and I am NOT invited?" the taller man asked blowing the smoke of his cigarette right in his spy's face. "Yes alpha..." the shorter man shuddered at his alpha's deadly tone, but his gaze was fixed at the woman tied up in silver chain, leaving burn marks every where it made contact. The petite woman was shivering from cold... or fear... maybe the pain. We'll never know. The alpha looked at the she-wolf and smirked. "She stole food from the market and denied it" the alpha said looking disgusted at her.

"My pups were starving." she cried and whimpered. The Alpha scoffed and looked behind his shoulder. A man with a deep scar running on his left cheek walked to the she-wolf. The alpha turned his gaze towards the spy and stepped dangerously close to him. "I hope you're not lying. Do you know what happens when you lie to me?" he asked in a calm yet terrifying tone. The alpha turned to the scarred man and gave him a curt nod. "Please don't-" the she-wolf's voice died in her throat as her neck was snapped in half. The body fell limp with a loud 'thud' which made the alpha to grin like a maniac. The spy who have been watching it all happen paled visibly.

"Pack our bags beta Harkan, we have an alpha to visit." he smiled at the spy which only made the shorter man to gulp hard. The scarred man now we know as Beta Harkan scoffed at the spy and dragged him out of the room.

The alpha went back to his seat behind the desk and stared at the image in his laptop. His eyes darkening with pure lust. He took a big puff of his cigarette and spoke like he is devouring those words.

"Evelyn Isana Shyne"

Evelyn 🌕

It was dinner time when the rogue woke up. The hallways were silent as everyone was already at dinner. I was about to leave my room when I heard someone come in. I turned to see J standing at the doorway his face holding a completely neutral expression. "Your dad wants to see us" he said avoiding my gaze at all costs. I know that he was mad about not killing the rogue. I can't blame him. If I were in his shoes, I'd be mad too.

"What is it with everyone being mad at us today though?" Sylvie asked me annoyed at everyone. "Trust me girl, I have no clue." She rolled her eyes in response as she went back to block me again. "Why?" I asked crossing my arms. He just shrugged and exited my room. I sighed and decided to go with him.

Josh's little sister Ava was killed by a rogue. It happened 3 years ago. Josh killed a rogue found in our territory. The very next day that rogue's mate came for revenge. Since Josh didn't have a mate back then the she-wolf killed Ava. I still remember the scene like it happened yesterday. That filthy animal shredded Ava into pieces right in front of both of our eyes. I ripped her head apart the next minute, but we couldn't save Ava. She was barely 9. She didn't even had her wolf to defend or heal herself. Josh was devastated. He still to this day believes that he is the reason for his little sister's death. From that day I became J's little sister and he was over protective of me more than my dad. J joined my uncle Clinton in torturing rogues under the name of interrogation. They both enjoyed hurting those rogues since they both lost their loved ones to them.

And they never failed get us information out of their mouths. They used this as a coping mechanism, and we'll never ask them to stop. As many as we have killed, we have saved as many as well. Not every rogue is dangerous. Some even joined our pack. I'm not saying that we are complete saints and all. We maybe part humans, but still part animals. This is how we live. This is who we are.