Chapter - 11

Picture ^ 'Renzo'

A/n : Do me a favor and imagine him with green eyes and DARK hair. Thank you.

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

The ballroom was flooded with the pack members and some of our guests as they all were chatting with one another. Some people came and wished me, some came with gifts. I was trying my best to mingle with them, but Sylvie was restless. Something inside me was gnawing right in my chest. I couldn't quite ignore it neither acknowledge it. The dress I was wearing felt like rubbing sand paper on my skin, which was not happening a few minutes ago. My palms were burning, I felt lightheaded. Something is off and I don't know what.

Everything was normal a few minutes back. At first I thought Sylvie wants to be let out, but she herself said that she doesn't know what's happening. I smothered a smile on my face upon looking my Uncle walk towards me. "Happy birthday Evelyn" he said stretching his hand with a small gift box. "Thanks Uncle" I opened the box, J stealing a peek over my shoulder. A gasp left us both as I took out the bull imprinted key. "There's no way you got me a Lambo!" 

"I did" my uncle said with no emotion in his voice. At least it wasn't cold. I threw my hands around him whispering 'thank you'. He didn't return my hug. Just patted my back with a tiny smile on his face. Time flew just like that and my dad is already dragging me back to the stage to start the Alpha ceremony. "Can I please have your attention" my dad's booming voice quieted down all the chattering as everyone's eyes focused on us. I suddenly felt a throbbing pain in my wrist with a burning sensation. I examined it but there was nothing.

A crease sat between my eyebrows as the pain continued. The loud roar from the crowd snapped me out of it. I looked up smiling at all of them not knowing why they were all cheering. "I'm sure Evelyn will succeed her role as a leader of this pack and I wish that she finds her mate soon to lead this pack alongside her" A smile spread through my face at that. "I, Carlos Shyne, Alpha of the Fire Moon Pack , announce my daughter, Evelyn Isana Shyne as your new Alpha" Once again the crowd erupted, some jumping up and down. I got on one knee in front of my dad and mom as he placed his hand on my head. A surge of golden rays of energy swirled around us a few minutes before entering me with full force, making me shiver. 

I stood up and opened my eyes, my violet eyes. I knew the aura around me was strong as every single person excluding mom and dad got on one knee, head bowed in respect. It took me a few seconds to take control over my new found power and make everyone stand up. I took a few steps forward gaining the attention once again. "I, Evelyn Isana Shyne Alpha of the Fire Moon Pack, choose" I took a deep breath preparing myself before continuing, "Jennifer Edith Shyne as my second-in-command" a few shocked gasps were audible, one of them from my sister herself. J started clapping and pushed Edith in front of me as the pack members joined along. She shot me a glare, before kneeling in front of me as I placed my hand on her head, sending a silver ray of energy through her. 

The minute my hand left her head she stood up and marched to the far end of the stage, gritting her teeth. I sighed and gave my dad a look which he graciously avoided. "I, Evelyn Isana Shyne Alpha of the Fire Moon Pack, choose Josh Henry Lawson as my third-in-command" J gave me a toothy grin before following the same process as Edith. I turned around and saw Edith was no longer there. I seriously need to have a talk with her. 

The party continued as many came forward and congratulated me. Normally our birthdays were celebrated at night, but today as I had my alpha ceremony it was a must to go hunting the same night the alpha takes their role. Not every alpha has their Alpha ceremony on their birthdays. My parents wanted me to have a special 18th birthday, something that I'd remember forever. Looking at everything, I got it all. Loving parents, a great best friend, most of my pack members are supportive of me, Alex and Edith, even though she tells that she hates me. We are still siblings and I know she cares about me inside. That's what siblings do... right?