Chapter - 37

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

Disconcerted.

That's how I felt. Worry, confusion, surprise crashed through me like a tidal wave one after other, it almost gave me a whiplash. For a few seconds I couldn't even acknowledge the fact that my mate was standing in front me let alone realize that he's protecting me. And Sylvie trying to take over me wasn't helping.

As if pulling me out of my thoughts, my mate grabbed my wrist and spun me around, putting me behind him once more and went on fighting off another wolf that came at me while I was distracted. Just as I saw the wolf swipe at him, I lost control. Sylvie took over me, forcefully pushing my conscious to the back of our mind.

Blood was everywhere. On anyone I saw. It was a sight I'd have to bleach my eyes to get rid off. Decapitated bodies, blood oozing out of the missing parts, empty life less eyes gazing up at me. Even with all those distractions, my eyes always found it's way back to him.

What is he doing here?

Why is he here?

How did he got out?

And the most confusing question among them, Why is he not letting me fight?

No wolf could near me. Any rogue that even looked at me with a slight intent of malice got ripped apart. Sylvie was swooning over how protective our mate was being towards us but it made me frustrated. He kept on doing that. One day he's pushing me away and then he pulls me in and gives me the cold shoulder and now he's killing for me. I don't know if I'm supposed to be happy or sad or mad or anything. And that is even more frustrating. Every now and then he would look back at me and make sure I was okay.

The first time his bright blue eyes held mine, I went into a trance. I still haven't gotten out. I could still feel the tip of his fingers brushing over my bruised bloody knuckles. I could still feel his breath tickling my cheek as he said, "You're hurt." And I could still feel the tingles his touch brought me. Ever since he set foot in front me I've been walking around him like a lost puppy.

Like I said, still haven't gotten out of the trance.

He was fast, like really really fast. Faster than I could ever be. Stronger than any of the wolves present. His aura was screeching dominance. His absolute power left everyone in awe and terror. The word 'hybrid' flashed in my mind as I looked at him. With him by our side, we were easily winning this war. Even Keagan had joined us sometime around but I didn't pay him any attention just like I usually do.

I don't think I'll ever get out of this trance.

Just as I thought that, a voice in my head brought me out my bubble. It was my best friend's. He was running towards me with face painted in horror. He panted as he stood before me, "Alex... It's Alex." he mumbled. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. "What happened to him?" I asked, holding onto his shoulders. He shook his head, still out of breath. "He took off into the woods... as soon as the fight began and now.. now he's no where to be seen."

I didn't stand there after that. I didn't even care enough to kill the rogues that stood in my way. "Alex!" I yelled as I ran. I felt my heart in my throat when I couldn't find him anywhere. He wasn't responding through the mind link either and it only spiked my fear.

And then I heard it, a threatening growl rang through the dense forest. Without even realising, I was already sprinting towards where that sound came from. I could hear the familiar sound of the waterfall and my brother's scent came along with it. Just as I felt a little bit relieved, it was flushed down when I saw the scene before me.