Chapter - 20

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

             Am I an idiot for following an unknown creepy woman who can make sparks fly from her hand, into a deep forest? Yes.

Should I be concerned about the fact that only now I have noticed that she had no scent and is taking me into a dark cave? Yes.

Do I regret following her? Also yes.

I was having an internal battle once again thinking if I should run right now or wait until it's too late. At this point I'm far too curious to go back. I hope I don't end up dead or something. Once inside the cave the red-head whirled around like a princess clapping her hand twice. The dark cave was now filled with sparkles of light swarming around. A wave of her hand, two wooden chairs appeared out of thin air. I was absolutely stunned. Sure I'm a 'mythical creature' myself and have heard about sorcerers and shit but never met one. It was said that they lived hidden from everyone including the supernaturals. They liked to be left alone from all our shit I guess.

This is the first time I'm face to face with one and it felt terrifying yet exciting. "Have a seat dear" she smiled. Her voice sounded like pure melody, just adding perfection to her flawless face. I sat down without hesitation trying not to show how fucking nervous I was inside. "Drink?" she asked lifting a cup I don't know where she pulled from. "No thanks" I replied looking at the cup skeptically. She laughed out loud like she knew exactly what I was thinking. "No need to be nervous darling, I'm not gonna hurt you" she said as she sat on the other chair facing me. 

I cleared my throat once before speaking, "Who are you?" 

"I'm Victoria" she extended her hand. I grabbed her arm giving it a firm shake, 

"Alpha Evelyn"

"Alpha Evelyn"

 We both said at the same time making me confused as hell. "How do you know my name?" I asked. She smiled showing her pearly white teeth tilting her head. "I know much more than your name darling" she said still smiling.̣ Her smile was the most beautiful smile next to my mom's. My mom's smile is the best, period. I looked away from her feeling a little uncomfortable under her curious gaze. "I saw you..." I trailed off not really knowing if I could even call those flashes seeing. 

"Hmm... I put those in your head"

My head snapped back so fast that I almost had a whiplash. "You did what?" Confusion was evident in my tone. I leaned my elbows on my knee, my whole attention on her and only her. "I saw that kid coming to end her life" she said tapping her temple with her index finger. "Saw her? Like had a vision?"

She nodded taking a sip out of her drink. "How?" I was suspicious about this woman from the start but some part of me was somehow relaxed not bothering about her being a possible threat. Especially Sylvie. She wasn't on edge, in fact it was the opposite. She was super calm and attentive. I figured if she really was trying to hurt me, she could've done it a lot sooner right? 

"I'm a witch, Alpha and I was born with a blessing. I can see the future when I'm needed to." 

I was silent for a few seconds trying to comprehend the situation. I didn't know whether to be amazed or scared of this new found information. So instead of hurting my brain further I decided to ask her some basic questions like, "Does every witch lacks...you know...scent?" She tilted her head a little, her index finger tapping the cup. "Once a witch turns 300 yes"

"I'm sorry what now?"

Victoria chuckled shaking her head a little, "You werewolves can live up to 600 years and we witches can't?" There was playfulness in her voice and it kinda helped me calm my nerves. "Well we never get that long to live anyway. The oldest werewolves are the council heads and they are not even past 200". She nodded leaning back on her chair. It was true. Like I've already said, werewolves have so many enemies and we're animals. Most of the time we loose our shit and get killed. What can I say? We are just a bunch of impulsive dimwits filled with anger issues.