Chapter - 24

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕 

      Never have I ever had a 20 minute car ride feel like an eternity. It didn't bother me when Alex was in there with me. Now it feels so... empty. And it's not even more than 15 minutes since I last saw him. I guess I'm just worried about him. Maybe I never should have let him leave in the first place. Gosh it feels like it's been forever since the last time I didn't overthink every damn thing! 

I don't know if I'm actually overthinking or it's my gut warning me about something.

Okay now I'm overthinking about overthinking. 

"God dammit!" I hissed hoping that if I talk out loud it'd have my attention away from overthinking. These past days have been so weird and confusing and I don't even have someone to talk about it. 

Actually, I do have someone I just didn't got the time to do so. I probably should talk to Josh when I get home. He could help me and if not, I'd have some company to overthink. The thought that I probably won't be alone and will be dragging my best friend along with my misery put a smile on my face. 

As I was near my pack's borderline, I saw a lot more border guards than usual. I climbed out the car and went near one of them. The guards instantly bowed, sensing my presence. I nodded in response. 

"How's everything going?" I asked to the first guy my eyes met with. Despite his 6'2 feet height and brawny physique he looked quite young. Like 16 or something. "As per orders Alpha. The security is tightened. More guards are placed at the border" he informed, his eyes still cast to the ground. "If anything at all suspicious happens, inform me immediately. I don't want any of today's incident to repeat yeah?" I asked letting my alpha pheromone out a little. I was satisfied when I heard that confident 'yes alpha' from every single guard. I gave them all a curt nod, walking to my car. Before I got inside, the figure of my sister pacing back and forth caught my eyes. 

I remembered that she wasn't home all day, not even when Alex was leaving. So I decided to ask her. She didn't even realize that I was walking towards her and certainly didn't feel me stare at her pacing self for the past minute. It brought warmth to me when she finally sensed my presence and shrieked jumping half foot in the air. 

"What the hell Evelyn? What the fuck are you doing here you... you creep?" she asked taking a few steps back from me. That's weird. "Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that? What are you doing here?" I asked walking closer to her. For each step I took forward, she took one back. "Okay stop moving back. We look like idiots from some stupid romance movie" I yelled, making her halt her steps. She pulled a face before shuddering with uttermost disgust. 

I rolled my eyes at her, crossing my arms over my chest. "What are you doing here?" I repeated again this time with more authority. "None of your business" she hissed, glaring at me. "I would've had a heart attack if you actually answered that" I said shrugging, " Let me ask you one last time Edith. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" 

I used my alpha tone making sure to let my eyes shine violet. I knew she wouldn't dare disrespect my wolf. A part me felt bad, little sad even, to always use my Alpha power on my sister to have her talk to me. I wonder if we ever will have a civil conversation, at least once...

"I-I I was...talking... w-with my boyfriend" she mumbled looking everywhere but me. "Oh" was the only thing that I could say. It's always been 'I have a date', and now it's 'I was talking with my boyfriend'. I don't remember the last time she ever called someone her boyfriend. So it's a good thing right? I don't really know but boyfriend is much better than her jumping from one guy to another I guess.