Chapter - 26

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

                I didn't expect to see my mate sitting at the dining table among some of our wolves, casually having his brunch. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. I saw my mom get up and walk away giving me a small smile. I sat beside him greeting him with an enthusiastic 'hi'. He didn't greet me back, instead stared at me for a few seconds before asking, "Are you alright?" I scrunched up my eyebrows confused at his sudden question of concern, "Yeah..."

"I could feel you. You were confused? Anxious?" he asked looking between my grey eyes. My eyes widened upon hearing that. "You could feel my emotions too?" He gave me a curt nod, going back to finish the bacon. I seriously thought that it was just me and there was something wrong with me. I felt the eyes of the others present on us and was listening to what we were talking so I dropped the subject. "I'm sorry I forgot to get you breakfast" I apologised suddenly feeling guilty for forgetting. "It's fine" he muttered blankly but didn't sound mad. I smiled at him even though he didn't see me. 

As soon as he finished, he got up with his plate and walked inside the kitchen. I felt like it was partly my mistake that he is coopedup in my room. If I were in his shoes I'd go insane by looking at the same walls over and over again. So I decided to take him for a walk and show around my pack. I was waiting for him to return as I masked my face from showing any sort of nervousness. 

He raised his eyebrow at me as soon as he saw me waiting for him. I smiled at him, "Do you want to go out?" 

He thought for a few seconds before slowly shrugging his shoulders, "i guess" he mumbled as he walked towards me. "Where to?'' he asked as I led him out of the house with a shit eating grin on my face. "We could just go for a walk or we could go the mall in the nearby human city. You choose" I said. He pondered over for a few minutes as we both stood awkwardly in the center of the driveway. "Should I get my car keys?" I asked turning my body, about to walk in when he shook his head. "Walk" he mumbled putting his hands in his pockets, kicking dirt. 

I sighed raking a hand through my hair, "You don't have to if you don't want to" I said softly, loosing my smile. He looked up at me for a second before turning his head away, "I do want to" he said too quiet that I almost didn't hear it. The smile I just lost returned as I slowly nodded and walked beside him.

People passed by stared at us for a moment before bowing towards me. Some even stopped what they were doing and stared at my mate like he had a football for a head. I could tell that he didn't like it but he didn't show it openly either. We walked along the field opposite to the training grounds. It was basically a field secluded for children to play outside. I was planning on taking him to the waterfall and maybe get to know each other but luck wasn't on my side as the children playing realised our presence and swarmed us like bees. "Alpha, alpha, alpha" they all yelled trying to gain my attention. 

I chuckled lightly before telling them to calm down. They all went quiet some even placing their index finger on their lips. "Alpha will you play with us?" one asked, eyes twinkling. I crouched down to their level and ruffled the boy's hair. "Maybe some other time". He pouted making me coo at him. I felt someone tug at my arm and saw Mellissa, a five-year-old girl looking behind me confused. "Who is he?" she asked pointing at my mate who was watching them with intent eyes.

His eyes found mine once she asked the question. I turned back towards the kids who were all now  looking between the two of us with curiosity. I smiled up at them, " He is my mate". A series of dramatic gasps surrounded us making me laugh at their cuteness. "Can your mate play with us?" Mellissa asked shyly, looking up at my mate. They all cheered loudly yelling 'yes'.