Chapter - 25

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The cave was nothing but a dusty place with over grown vegetation. No golden sparkles or the witch who created them. It felt and looked like the place hasn't been used since forever. "I swear this was it" I mumbled frantically looking around. "Oh please don't tell me I'm going insane" I yelled at the empty space. "Hey hey hey. Let's calm down shall we" J said placing both his hands on my shoulders. "I saw her Joe"

"I know. I believe you Evie. I believe you. I can sense something strange"

"I know right?! It feels different from every other place. She was here, healed me and told all those stuff. Right here" I yelled once more making J wince at my loud tone.

"Girl calm your tities. You're making even my ears hurt" Sylvie grumbled annoyed. I rolled my eyes at her. "I have to talk to you too. Wait till we get home" I warned and blocked her before she could ask me anything. We do have a conversation that's long due. That talk with the witch just brought back the memory of my wolf's disappearance every time I was around my mate. What does she knows? If she indeed is aware of something that I'm not, I'm gonna explode.

"What now?" J asked as he scanned the place with his eyes. I shrugged not caring. "Let's head back" he said tugging my arms. With a last look at the empty cave, we both headed out. The only thought in our mind was to get back to the pack grounds before someone noticed our absence and made it a issue. The moment we stepped inside our pack borders, J broke the silence, "Do you think this witch is a threat? Like a gut feeling?"

I didn't need to think about it because I know for sure that I didn't, so I shook my head. "Was she really talking about your mate?"

"I guess she did. I asked him if he knew someone named Victoria. He lied that he didn't"

J basked in what I said for some moments, "Maybe he was thinking about someone else?" he asked. I shook my head kicking a pebble, "Then he could've said that he did knew someone named Victoria. Why did he lie?"

He didn't say anything else as he lost himself in his own world. So I continued to ramble on, "First we think that he's a rogue but his aura and smell says otherwise. Then he tries to kiss me every single time I step in his cell to enquire him and when I find that he is my mate he treats me like dirt. He never let Ethan near him or take his blood. Got hit by 30mg of wolfsbane but wakes up within hours hiding his fucking scent with no trouble. I can feel his pain and emotion even before I met him. And now this witch comes and calls him her prince when he lies to my fucking face that he has no clue about her. Could he BE hiding anything else?"

I didn't realize that we both stopped walking and I was yelling with J looking at me like I miraculously grew another head.

"What the fuck?" J whispered, eyes blown wide.

"Oh and Sylvie blocked me out every time we were around him before we found that he is our mate. I think that's it for now"

Josh now had his mouth hung open with his hand covering them. "Who is he?" He asked, every inch of his face etched with the utter most confusion.

"I don't know..."

***

Orson 🌙

To say that I was nervous would be the understatement of the year. My hands were shaking, my palms are all sweaty and my heart was beating like crazy which I was sure that Stella could hear very well. But she was sitting in the couch with a book in her hand, like I wasn't there at all. I didn't know what to do with my hands or where to look, it was driving me insane.