Chapter - 30

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

The next morning, around 8o'clock, I got ready to go pick up my brother. Could you imagine the confusion on my face when I saw Alex himself standing at the doorstep, panting with hands on his knees. "Alex?" I called and jogged towards him with brows drawn down in concern. He raised his left hand signaling for me to wait. I did with arms crossed and heart pounding in my chest. While waiting, I informed my dad and mom about Alex's arrival and they replied by hurrying down the stairs.

Alex straightened his back at the sight of our parents and smiled at all of us. "Hi" he said as he hugged me first and then both mom and dad. "Before you ask anything, I've got a lot to say" he spoke as soon as he saw me opening my mouth. "Let's talk in the office" my dad said and we followed him wordlessly. I comforted myself that my brother is home and safe by taking his hand in mine. Alex gave my hand a gentle squeeze reassuring more.

As soon as we sat, my mom spoke first asking "Did you have breakfast?". "No mom" my brother replied. "You're eating right after this" she warned and Alex groaned. He is in his 'won't eat unless it's unhealthy' stage and my mom's been nagging about him having an actual meal for months now. "Listen to your mom Alex" dad gave him a pointed look with a raised finger. Alex rolled his eyes making me stifle a laugh.

"Okay back to business, now tell me why you're here?" Dad asked and all eyes focused on my brother. "I thought this was my house" Alex feigned getting hurt and placed a dramatic hand over his heart. My dad slumped back in his chair with an exhale of air. I placed my hand on top of my brother's, "Baby, this is serious. There was an attack this week and I was just about to come get you. No time to play Alex" I gently said patting his hand. Alex sighed, combing fingers through his hair. "I know I know. I'm just... I just want to be sure, that I'm actually here you know. I still can't believe that I'm actually home and safe" he said in a low voice, eyes locked on the wall away from our eyes.

"What happened baby?"

He rubbed his face with both hands before speaking, "Since I got there Keagan was very... how do I say it... uh weird maybe? I don't know, he was just over friendly and was constantly with me, talking about how glad he was to have our pack as his allies and insisted on not leaving me alone. He took me with him to almost every patrol duty he attended. It was like, he didn't wanted me to be away from his watch. I didn't think anything of it at first. I thought he was just trying to make up for-" he stopped and glanced at our parents before landing his eyes on me. "They know" I informed him. Alex gave a single nod and continued, "For fighting with you which I still don't know about what!" he accused.

I clicked my tongue and said, "Long story short, Keagan was hell-bent that I was his second chance and I kinda figured that he was lying, confronted him about it, he got mad, said that I must be glad that he wanted me and I broke his nose, now continue."

"That son of a bitch said WHAT?" my mom roared and for a split second her normal honey brown eyes turned pitch black. "I broke his nose mom, it's fine. I would've done lot more but J stopped me" I rolled my eyes annoyed. "Josh knows?" Dad asked, inching closer on his seat. "He saw the fight, doesn't know what happened. Now can we go back to Alex?" I asked dropping my head on the table with a loud thud.

Ow.

I lifted my head and casually rubbed my forehead where I hit as Alex cleared his throat and started again. "Yesterday I couldn't sleep and was roaming around their garden when I saw him talking to a woman. I didn't recognize her or her voice but Keagan said that he wanted to take Evie down and show her who the real Alpha is." Alex turned in his seat and locked eyes with me, "He said that he wanted to humiliate you in front our pack."