Chapter - 9

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

"Blood River Pack.

It was a known fact all among the country that it was the most cruelest pack. A decade before it was known as the Silver River Pack but after the start of Azazel's reign it was changed as the Blood River Pack. Rumors says that, the former alpha family was killed in the once known as Silver River, but it was yet to be proved. No one could try and look into the pack as it was build with walls as big as the sky, guarded with wolves as strong as mountains and ruled by Azazel as terrifying as the devil himself. Rogues roamed the pack ever so freely than their citizens themselves could do, and the reason remains a mystery. No one dared to challenge those deadly predators, because challenging Azazel and provoking a starving lion in it's own den are exactly the same thing. People have an unwavering belief that Azazel and his beta are blessed by the Moon Goddess herself because of their unbelievable strength and speed. Normal werewolves didn't stand a chance even against their foot dust. They have never stepped on a pack without the intention of making it theirs. Either they declare war or the other pack would surrender out of pure fear. Blood River Pack isn't something to be messed with."

I know I should be a least bit scared after hearing all those from my Uncle, but I'm not. 'Cause I've got nothing to be scared about. We may not challenge Azazel but we will never back out from one. Uncle Clinton had called an emergency meeting with dad, me, J and my sister but Edith isn't here. We tried linking her but she was not within the limit as mind linking only worked within certain distance. "What are we doing with Alex?" I asked no one in particular. Everyone seemed to be in their own world of thoughts before my dad broke the silence. "No one must know that he is adopted. It isn't safe." he said sternly looking all of us in the eye. "I know that, I was just asking if we're having him through out the dinner."

Honestly, I was hoping that my dad would say no, because I was worried. I hated the idea of having Azazel and his beta in our house but it has to be done. He has every right since he is mateless, but it didn't make me any less... uncomfortable. Alex, like me is stronger than an usual werewolf but it won't be a problem right now because there won't be a need to put his strength on the show... hopefully. It is his looks that I'm concerned about. I'm different from my parents too, but I have my father's eyes and someone could easily recognize me related to them. On the other hand Edith is a spitting image of my mom. And Alex was nothing like us, of course he isn't. With his dark hair and bright blue eyes, no one would believe that he was one of our us. It's not like someone would grab onto that and start digging, it's just that we have to be careful and extra cautious with outsiders. But my hope was short-lived as my father nodded and said, "It would be too suspicious if we didn't."

I grunted falling on the couch, throwing my head back. I knew he was right so that quite ended the conversation right there. And even if we did try and shoo Alex out, he wouldn't like that. He hated being treated like a kid. For years we have protected him and his identity. It isn't going to be any different this time or ever. Guess I just have to suck it up and pretend like we are hiding nothing.

~~~~~~

It was safe to say that dinner was awkward. The food is yet to be served as we were waiting for Azazel and his beta. I think they're trying to be fashionably late. As for us, my dad, mom and Alex were conversing with the former alpha and Luna of the Quarter Moon Pack, aka Keagan's parents. Keagan's beta just sat there and scrolled through his phone, occasionally smiling at it. Josh was not there, he has gone to search for Edith like almost an hour ago and still haven't returned. That left me and Keagan sitting next to each other in an awkward silence. He did try and started small talk, but that was it. Small talk. Either he did know that I was purposely avoiding him and decided to ignore it or he was just being stubborn. I think it was both. The table fell silent as the scent of the new arrival hit us strong. We were all (my family) on our feet the next moment to welcome them.