Chapter - 15

Happy reading 🌻

Third Person's POV

            The warm sunbeam that always used to cradle her face every morning didn't even get near her. The silver-haired who always got to wake up to her alarm and soft mattress was confused to be waking up on a cold floor and a stench up her nostrils. The pounding headache had her worried that she might've been kidnapped once again, taking her mind to a place she never wanted to be again. Her frantic self that started to panic settled once she laid her eyes on the person sleeping in front of her. She wanted to curl up on herself when all that had happened was still happening and not been just a nightmare. 

Everything happened too fast and now she has a whole new list of things to worry about. But the blanket laying on her and her mate brought a smile on her lips. "Are you awake?" her mom's sudden voice startled her. "Yeah..."  she responded stifling a yawn, scared that it might wake the sleeping beauty. 

"Come outside" 

She sighed nodding even though her mom couldn't see. Standing up, she started to walk on her tip toes holding her breath. Once she was out she released the air taking in as much fresh breaths as she could. Her mother's smiling face was the first thing her eyes landed on when she opened her eyes. The brunette walked to her daughter bringing her in a small hug. "Guess you didn't have a good night's sleep" she mumbled caressing her daughter's cheek, worry edging her soft features. Evie just gave her a sad smile placing one hand on her mother's. "You're not here to try and convince me to come back are you?" she asked turning away from her mother. 

"Of course not honey, it's your father's job to do" she said and chuckled a bit at the last. "I'm not leaving him mom" Evie turned to her mother, determined. 

"No one is asking you to."

"Dad is."

Evie blinked her eyes fast trying to keep her tears at bay thinking of her father. No matter how strong she is, her father's single hurtful word will completely shatter her. "I know what he did was so very wrong Evie but he is your father. He will NEVER hurt you intentionally. He's just worried about you."

The younger couldn't help but scoff at that. "Worried about what mom? My mate?" The sadness she felt a few moments ago was turning into anger. She did not like the fact that her parents are accusing her mate that he might hurt her over and over again. They didn't even give him a chance yet. "We have seen so many cases Evie. You know that. We just don't want you to be hurt. What if he actually is dangerous?" Her mother's voice wasn't mad or annoyed. It was filled with concern. "What if he isn't?" Evelyn cried gripping her hair in frustration, stomping and kicking the grass. 

She saw her mother sigh and walk towards her but she just turned away hugging herself. She wanted to scream until her throat burned. She was confused, hurt, mad and extremely sad. When did my life became such a mess? she thought to herself as she wiped the single tear that rolled down her cheek.  

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset honey. Do you want to join us for breakfast?" 

Evelyn just shook her head as she peeled her shirt off of her and rolled her shoulders. "I'm going for a run" she said and jumped up in the air, landing in all fours. Sylvie shook her fur and stretched. She glanced at their mom staring at them with worry before throwing her head up and letting a loud howl which was heard by every single person in the pack including her mate. 

"It's your day Sylvie. Whatever you wanna do." 

"I wanna hunt for mate." Sylvie said in a small voice making Evie smile at her. "Hunting it is."