Chapter - 14

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

I never realised how it sucks to be crying on your own birthday. Fuck! I never thought I'd be crying this much in my entire life. I have always been the girl who was too stubborn to show any form of weakness. It wasn't Alpha like to me. Crying is for the weak. And I'm the literal opposite of weak. At least that's what I thought I was. Mate bond is both a horrible curse and a beautiful blessing to ever be given to our kind. The immense amount of pain you get when you feel a slight change in their behavior would have you heart broken like you lost your whole life. I felt stupid for crying over a boy but the boy was supposed to be my forever.

And I had dreamt about him so so much to have it rip away from me. Even though I was crying all of a sudden I felt a strong urge to punch something. I was so mad but it was not coming from me. I was pretty sure it was coming from my mate but how can it be? We aren't marked yet. The thought brought me back the events in the ballroom as well. The burning sensation in my hands, the dizziness everything was coming from him. That's why I felt like something was wrong. Not because the prisoners broke out. I felt my mate's feelings even before seeing him.

Maybe Ethan was right. He said that my mate might be the reason why I slept for 4 days straight. It did make sense now. My mate was shot with too much wolfsbane, starved and parched. His wolf might've wanted some rest and so did he. I didn't know whether to be happy that I'm finally starting to piece this puzzle together or solely focus on the question, how? What really is he? Is he really a hybrid like Ethan said? Is he actually a threat to my pack? Is he really here to hurt us?

All these questions made me want to rip my hair out in frustration. I've been in this room for quite sometime and J probably had my mate sent back to his cell. I wanted to be with him no matter where he is. I walked to my bathroom and stood in front of the sink. My once beautifully done make up was now smeared all over my face. My mascara mixed tear stain painted my cheeks. I looked hideous. I took some make-up wipes out of my drawer and started wiping away the ugly colors off my face. Washing my face with cold water I changed out of my dirty clothes and into a sweat pant and hoodie, my hair wrapped in a messy pony tail.

I looked in the mirror once more. I was not at my prettiest but I'm not that ugly anymore. Sighing I started walking out of my room. The hallways were empty, the always filled with little kids' scream living room was pin drop silent. It's fine though. I wasn't in the mood to be around people at the moment.

The walk to the prison was a total blur. I didn't know when I left the pack house or how I got in front of the prison building. J and my mate's scent was all over this place so I knew that he was in there. Adam tailed behind me like a lost puppy till I made it to my destination. Once again I found my mate deep in sleep, mouth slightly ajar. A sense of Déjà vu hit me as I remembered him sleeping just like this the other day. That day I had to stop myself from smiling at the sight but not today. I let my lips twitch up as I unconsciously reached out and touched the silver bar burning myself.

I hissed at the pain but quickly shut my mouth when he groaned in his sleep. A burning red mark was in the place where my hand had contact with the silver bar. The pain was just like the one I had in the ballroom earlier. He must've touched the silver bars as well.

I realised Adam was still standing beside me and gave him a questioning look. "Do you want me to get the keys Alpha?" he asked ready to get it. "I don't think he'd like that" it came out more as an complaint than answer. It was Adam's time to give me a questioning look. I sighed shaking my head a little. "Leave" I waved my hand off. He bowed before walking away hesitantly. Once he was out of sight, I sighed and sat against the wall across his cell. I felt like a creep to watch him sleep but I couldn't take my eyes off him.