Chapter - 36

Happy reading 🌻

Third Person's POV :

The whole Firemoon pack was buzzing with every one having something to do. The important members such as the former Alpha Carlos, Luna Stella and former Beta Clinton were on the neutral ground, along with the Quarter Moon Pack Alpha and Beta, making sure it was safe for both the Alphas to fight there and checking for traps if there's any. All through that, Carlos was shooting daggers at Keagan with his deadly glare. Keagan avoided looking at him at any costs and was ordering his pack members around.

Keagan all though scared, thought this was the right thing to do after Evelyn humiliated him over and over again. In fact, it bothered him that he took this long and some strange woman to give him enough courage to actually take some action against her. Willow had promised him that she would help him and he believed her. After all, enemy of an enemy is a friend right?

While the Firemoon pack was buzzing with energy and confidence that their Alpha will win this fight or sure, the Quarter Moon pack was worried. Keagan's parents as soon as they found out about Keagan's plan, told him to stop but Keagan didn't. The fight they had about it, spread across their whole pack. The dispute between their former alpha and present alpha had them confused and worried. They've been allies with the FireMoon Pack since the rogue war years ago. It didn't sit well with them that the young alphas were fighting against each other now. But that didn't stop them from supporting their leader. They just wished it hadn't come to this.

Evelyn unlike the day before, felt refreshed. She was a little sore but nothing to worry about. Not having her wolf talking while she got ready for a fight felt weird to her. She missed Sylvie. Josh was going through their back up plan with her as she braided her long hair. Josh was constantly throwing worried glances towards the door, at the sound of Orson knocking the door rapidly as if his life depended on it. Josh, even if he hated Orson, pitied him at that moment.

"Josh!" Evelyn called, waving before him to get his attention. "What's wrong?" she asked once he turned to her. "Do you not hear it?" he asked his eyes dancing between Evelyn and the door. "Hear what?" she asked flipping her hair back. "Your mate has been pounding on that door for like, ever" he complained, tone laced with confusion on how she didn't hear it. "Oh" Evelyn muttered. "No super powers remember" she chuckled dryly.

Josh went silent having forgot about the most crucial part. He didn't like it one bit, but he did understood his alpha. On the other hand as her best friend, he was worried about her. Josh didn't want to but he couldn't help but doubt if Evelyn would win this ight. Without Sylvie, it's basically a fight between human and a werewolf. He knew that she has trained more than enough but he just couldn't help the what ifs that sprouted in his mind.

"Come on J" Evelyn called, "Let's get this show on road." Evelyn cracked her knuckles, smirking at Josh who shook his head with a laugh. After walking for sometime, Josh stopped abruptly. Evelyn realized that Josh has stopped and was staring at the distance with face contorted in confusion. She asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing" he said, but he was still looking at the same direction. "Come on then", Evelyn tugged his hands but Josh didn't budge. He turned to the she-wolf, "You go first, I... I'll join you shortly" he smiled nervously. "Why are you acting so weird?" Evelyn asked with doubt. "I'm not acting weird Evie.." he laughed, avoiding the silver-head's eyes. "Yeah, sure you aren't" she scoffed, "What's going on?"

Josh sighed, looking around them. He lowered his voice and spoke, "I just... heard some noise. I'm gonna check it out." he said. Evelyn narrowed her eyes at him. 'Why didn't you just say so when I first asked?' she wanted to ask but stopped herself from doing so. This is Josh we're talking about. Why would he lie to his best friend?