Chapter - 23

Third Person's POV

"What plan were you talking about in the message? I gave you the blueprint so that you can come and meet me, not to plan a sneak attack on my own damn pack!" she hollered no more trying to hide her anger.

On the other side Azazel was rolling his eyes upon hearing the brunette's voice getting louder and louder through the phone. Oh how much he'd like to make her shut that mouth? "What are you talking about? Attack on your pack? Why would I do that?" he feigned innocence as he continued to flip through his files.

The brunette got quiet for sometime before speaking again. "Y-you didn't?"

Azazel smirked to himself as he thought of how easy was it to fool that poor girl. "Come on Jenny. I have no reason to do that. I was almost there when my beta informed me that there was some attack on your pack by rogues. Do you think I'm associated with rogues!?"

The silence at the other end just deepened his smirk. Within a short amount of time Azazel easily understood what to say to the brunette and how to say it. He was very proud of himself for that. It wasn't very hard really. Jennifer was desperate for one thing and that is attention. According to Jenny, all her life she's been just a background character when her sister stole all the spotlight for herself. She was very jealous of how everyone acted like their lives revolved around Evelyn. She strongly believed that she was never cared about and distanced herself from everyone that actually did care and loved her so much.

"Jenny try to have a little more faith in me. I'm your mate after all" he said as he tried his hardest to sound believable and not burst into a fit of laughter.

"I still can't believe that you're my mate"

"I mean, you have two more years to turn 18, it's understandable baby but do you remember that night I first met you. Do you know how much I was drawn to you?" Azazel asked replaying his memory of that night.

Flashback

"Pack our bags beta Harkan, we have an alpha to visit" he smiled at the spy which only made the shorter man to gulp hard. The scarred man now we know as Beta Harkan scoffed at the spy and dragged him out of the room.

The alpha went back to his seat behind the desk and stared at the image in his laptop. His eyes darkening with pure lust. He took a big puff of his cigarette and spoke like he is devouring those words.

"Evelyn Isana Shyne"

Azazel was looking through the file his spy gave him containing every details about Evelyn and her pack. When he heard about Firemoon Pack and it's abundant resources in both nature and warriors he was intrigued. He came to know that the Firemoon pack was the second largest pack in the country, his being the first. Azazel never liked competitions. He found this pack's strength as a major threat to his own and that is the reason he had spies get him every move they made. Anyone who knew Azazel knew his weakness. Women. Beautiful women to be exact. Once the spy came across Evelyn and her sister's beauty he took the news to his Alpha hoping to get on his Alpha's good side.

If it wasn't her beauty that lurked him then it most definitely would be the power she held. Born for two Alphas Evelyn held power that one could dream of. And Azazel is no fool to let his opportunity to become the most powerful wolf slip out.

The duo was almost close to entering the Firemoon pack when Azazel's eye caught the figure of a girl walking along the road. When they crossed that figure he felt like he had seen that face somewhere. He told his Beta to drive slowly as he started to think back.

The day he got information about the she-wolf's upcoming 18th birthday Azazel had ordered his men to collect every single information on that latter's whole family. When he had all the details he needed that is when they finally left. There he learned about Evelyn's sister and the feud they had. He couldn't find anything about the brother but what he did find about the sisters had him curious. The moment he came across Jennifer's picture he decided to have a taste of both of them.

So when he recognized Jenny, he stopped the car and went to talk with her. Poor Jenny thinking that the devilishly handsome guy has some genuine interest in her gave her phone number without even thinking. They decided to keep it their own little secret for the time being. After all, Azazel wanted nothing other than having her for just one night back then.

Azazel wasn't planning on asking Evelyn to be his mate he just wanted a good time with her once. But when he saw her in person he just had to have her as his. He had a fetish for beautiful rare things and Evelyn happens to be a rare and beautiful she-wolf, he couldn't contain himself at all. After looking at Evelyn he didn't even care about Jennifer's existence but he had a master plan the minute Evelyn declined his offer. Azazel used the rivalry between the sisters for his own purpose. It didn't even take Azazel a blink of effort to get Jennifer wrapped around his finger. And her beauty was a plus. A few dates, some romantic gesture and lots of lovely words, she gave Azazel everything he asked for. He used their misunderstanding and Jenny's jealousy for his sake. He was gonna use Jennifer as the bait to get the big fish. And the plan was going just as he wanted it to. The only drawback is he has to wait for the right time.

Present time

Azazel knew he was playing a very dangerous game with Jennifer. He is straight up lying that he is her mate, going against one of the werewolves' crucial laws. But he didn't care. It's not like someone's gonna stand against him. He was the king. After a little more convincing, he finally succeeded in shutting Jennifer's mouth and hung up with a exhausted sigh. Acting like a gentleman was such a heavy task.

A/n : This is a DOUBLE UPDATE. So don't forget to read the next chapter as well.

Word Count : 1077