Chapter - 22

Evelyn 🌕

            After that awkward incident and collecting my thoughts together, I finally changed into a oversized sweat shirt and sweat pants before walking out like nothing happened. He was sitting on the couch with the all too familiar cold look on his face, arms crossed over his chest. A tired sigh left me at the sight. Just a few seconds ago it felt like we were making some kind of progress and now here we are. Back to square one.

Knowing it was better to keep some distance, I sat down on the edge of my bed. The awkward silence and tension was back in the air but only this time ten fold higher. I dared to look at him and almost lost all my hope in getting closer to him with how mad he looked.

"Look I'm sorry for everything that happened okay? I honestly didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or someth-"

"I said it's fine" he rudely interrupted me with so much harshness in his tone. 

"Well you don't have to look so pissed then" I bit back. If he thinks he's gonna get away with disrespecting me all the time he is terribly wrong. I'm an Alpha and I was not asking for him to treat me with the utter most respect. Just treat me as a human being. Is that too much to ask for?

He will be your light.

Yeah sure. 

If I see that witch again I'm gonna give that pretty face of hers a-

"I'm sorry"

-a kiss.

I looked at him in total disbelief. Did he just apologise? To me?

"It's fine" I mumbled not really knowing what else to say. I'm starting to think that this guy is bipolar or something. My eyes found him once again and this time he wasn't clenching his jaw or shooting daggers through the air. He was just staring at the wall, like he was in deep thoughts. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

He turned to face me and held my gaze for a second before saying, "No"

Worth a shot. 

"I'm gonna ask anyway. Do you know someone named Victoria?" I don't know why I left out the witch part but something in me just didn't want to tell him. He scrunched up his face in thought. I was glad that I was watching his reaction intensely otherwise I would've missed the flash of acknowledgement cross his face before going back to being stoic again. "no" he replied barely audible.

So you do know her.

I nodded my head letting out a 'okay'. I didn't know whether I should take this matter to the others or keep it to myself. There were lot of possibilities for things to go south either way. I could be paving way for danger into our pack by keeping this information a secret. Or I tell everyone about this witch and get both her and my mate in harm's way. Just by thinking this made my head ache. Before I get lost in my own thoughts, a knock on my door pulled me back.

"Come in" I said. J pocked his head before opening the door a little to stand properly. "Your brother is about to leave" he informed. "Already?" I asked making my way towards him. J nodded stepping inside my room. "I will be here. You go and send him off. I already did"

"Okay" I said stepping out of my room. As I climbed the last two stairs I saw mom hugging Alex. He looked like he was going to burst out in tears anytime now. I walked closer to him, smiling softly. "Hey baby" I said opening my arms. He launched himself on me, hugging me tight. "It's okay Alex. You'll be fine" I cooed stroking the back of his head. "But I'll miss home" he sniffled, tightening his hold around me. "And we'll all miss you too" I said kissing the side of his head.