Chapter - 19

A/n :

I know I always rant at the end of the chapter but you're now seeing or more specifically reading me on the start of the chapter because I have something to tell. This will be a double update so make sure to read both chapters. I felt super guilty for always updating late so I hope this double update makes up for it. And from this point I think, I THINK, that POV's going to change constantly. Do you know what that means?

*Evil voice mode on*

Be prepared to get your brain cells burnt off *evil laughter*

Anyway!

Happy reading 🌻

Evelyn 🌕

"We won Mr.Stark"

J was bawling his eye out as Peter cried in front of Iron man. If it was a normal day I would've been in the same state as him but not today. My mind was not here at all. I was aware of what is happening around me but not paying attention to it. Even with my mate in the same room as me, sleeping in my bed I couldn't bring myself to mind any of it. I felt like I was doing something wrong by chilling with my best friend while my pack guards were killed. It didn't sit well with me. I'm the Alpha after all. What kind of Alpha would I be if I don't even meet with their family in hard times like this? I sighed out loud gaining my best friend's attention. "You're not crying?" J asked as he wiped his now red nose as he looked at me in disbelief. I shook my head as I took the airpod out of my ear. "I was lost in thoughts".

"Are you alright Evie?" he asked pausing the movie and placing the laptop on the coffee table. "Yeah yeah... It's just... I couldn't concentrate" I said. "You know the whole point of this movie time is to keep your mind off the incident". I hummed in response making him sigh. "Guess I failed at keeping your mind occupied" he gave me a knowing smile, "Go" he said. I returned the smile getting up from my couch. I was about to walk out before my eyes landed on the sleeping form of my mate. I stared at him for a few seconds before turning to my best friend. J was already looking at me with so much fondness in his eyes as he said, "I'll take care of him Evie. I got you". I nodded shooting him a grateful look before exiting my bedroom. I mentally thanked the Goddess for blessing me with such an amazing soul as my best friend.

I walked past Alex's room hearing soft snores coming from his room whereas my sister's room was empty. Thinking that she must be with dad, I continued my journey, searching for him. There was no trace of him in the pack house so instead of wasting anymore time I mind linked him, "Where are you?"

"Funeral ground" he curtly replied and cut off the link. We conduct the funeral this quick only when the victims are heavily injured before death. It would only cause more pain to the family members seeing their loved one in such state. My heart ached at the thought.

Through out the way I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my mind. It was like someone was poking my brain constantly. Blaming it on my tiredness, I ignored the odd feeling and marched to the funeral ground.

I saw my dad conversing with the families of today's victims. My heart tugged at the sight of the freshly closed pits where the bodies of our guards were buried. My father caught the sight of me walking towards him, his brows furrowing in confusion. He was asking me 'what are you doing here?' with his eyes. I chose to ignore him as I stood beside him. "I'm sincerely sorry for your loss Miss.Hale" I spoke softly offering the woman a tight hug. I went to comfort another woman, Emily Carson, who had lost her husband but she stepped away from me, glaring hard. "This is your fault!" she hollered as tears fell from her eyes like waterfalls. Audible gasps echoed from the family around me.

"I understand your pain Miss.Carson and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I would make sure a incident like this never happens again" I sincerely said but she just scoffed. "You?! You promise me that you will make sure this never happens again? I'm sure you're the reason behind this attack in the first place"