Chapter - 40

Happy reading 🌻 

Evelyn 🌕

               "A what now?" You could say I was a little confused and you can't blame me. I just saw a woman appear out of golden dust and my mate's blue blood. BLUE! This was worse than the time they woke me up by dumping water on my poor sleeping self. 

My mate sighed out loud and turned to the witch next to him. She smiled and pulled a chair for him to sit. Where the chair came from, I have no idea. "It's time you tell them." she said.  

She took the vial and the wound instantly started to close up. We all watched in silence as Victoria conjured a pouch and took out a similar looking vial with a very few drops of same blue blood in it. Orson's eyes widened, "Is that?"

"Your father's, yes. This is all I could get from that knife." she said solemnly as my mate closed his eyes shut. "Will somebody tell us what's going on?" my dad hollered. Orson sighed again and moved a little closer to his mother, taking her stiff hands in his. "You're right. I am a lycan." he said and his eye met mine. 

My heart stuttered as his pale green eyes flashed bright blue for a brief second. "Why did she call Alex prince?" my mom asked stepping away from my dad who tried to pull her back behind him. "Oh relax Carlos!" she whisper yelled at him. Orson fiddled with his mom's fingers for a few seconds before answering, "Because he is one. Do you know Oliver Edgerton?" he asked.

Mom and dad shared a look. "Of course we know Oliver Edgerton. Wasn't he the last werewolf king?" Alex asked. I could hear the tremble in his voice. Orson nodded, "Yeah. That's our grandfather."

Alex stumbled back a little in my arms, "Do you think you can whisk up another chair or something?" I asked Victoria. The witch smiled and with a flick of her hand a chair appeared for everyone in the room. 

"My dear prince, would you open your mother's mouth?" she asked as she mixed the two blood in one vial. Orson got up and did as he was asked. Alex gagged when he saw Victoria tip the glass vial into her mouth. "Oh I'm gonna throw up." he mumbled into my shoulder. A few seconds later, the scent of the she-wolf became stronger, her heartbeat was a little more prominent than before.

Alex looked at his brother, "What's her name? And, uh, dad's?" 

"Katie and Raymond Fletcher."

"Wait, Fletcher?" I asked. My brain finally started to work, "The Blood River Pack's alpha's name, Azazel Fletcher, is he related to you?" I asked. As soon as Orson heard Azazel's name, his face turned red. 

"Are you his spy?!" my dad yelled getting up from the chair.

"Did he send you here?" Alex asked.

"Maybe if we let him speak he'd be able to answer. Go on Orson, tell us." my mom said. He nodded at her with a small smile.

"Azazel and Willow are our cousins."

My mouth fell to the ground. COUSINS! What kind of fucked up relationship they had to throw a four year old out the window? Orson was clearly fuming and so was the witch beside him.

 "You know why Oliver Edgerton started the werewolf council right?" he asked.

We nodded. "He left his kingdom and his title to find his mate after a century of waiting. So he formed a council to take care of the people since he didn't have a successor. But he never returned and the wolves started to form packs with the council's support." Alex said. We all knew that. It was our history. Oliver Edgerton was the last lycan known to our kind. Lycans were already endangered even before King Oliver was born.  After his disappearance, no lycans were ever recorded by the council, especially not one from the literal king's lineage.