Chapter 28 ~ The sacrifice

I woke up the next day, and my head was throbbing.

"Merlin, Olivia, What happened?"Gaius walks to us and helps Merlin sit up than me.

"It was Aulfric," Merlin says groggily.

"Where's Arthur." I say groggily "We have to find him!" 

"What's that buzzing noise?" Merlin asks as he slowly stands up

"I hear it too," I was also standing.

"Careful, you two can barely stand," Gaius says.

"We have to go!" I say

Gaius grabs us "You can't, not in this state. You owe it to your powers that you survived this at all."

"We'll be fine" I try to pull away.

"Has the buzzing stopped?" Gaius asks.

"Yes," Merlin and I say in sync.

"Liars" 

"We have to go to Gaius. He'll die if we don't." Merlin says.

"The Sidhe are vicious people. You must be careful." Gaius explains.

"Don't worry; We know what we're doing" I smile.

We walk to the door.

"Merlin, Olivia, this way." Gaius points to the actual door.

"Just testing," Merlin says.

Merlin and I went out the door out the castle and into the forest we ran as fast as we could towards the lake. We ran for what felt like ages. We both stopped.

"Which way?" I ask 

"Follow me," Merlin says.

We both start running again. We hear Aulfric incanting something Merlin, and I ran faster we stopped when we Sophia standing in the water with her stretched out above it, and Aulfric was standing out of the water. Merlin and I didn't know what to do, well I didn't.

"Onbregdan" Merlin says a spell.

Sophia's staff flew to Merlin's hand.

"Good thinking," I whisper.

Merlin aims the staff at Aulfric "Swelt goldbeorth." 

A white light flows from the staff and hits Aulfric causing him to explode. 

"Father!" 

Sophia runs forward, but Merlin already hit Sophia with the spell she exploded like her father.

Before Merlin could do anything, I run forward and jump into the water.

"Arthur!" I shout "Arthur!"

I go underwater. The water was murky. I could barely see where I was going. The water kept getting deeper. I swam up for air took a deep breath and went back under. I swam down and saw Arthur floating underwater. I grab Arthur and push up out from the water. We emerged, I swam to a place where I could stand and quickly put my ear to Arthur's chest to make sure he was alive.

"Is he alive!" Merlin shouts to me.

"He's alive," I reply.

I was hugging Arthur, and his head was resting on my shoulder. I dragged Arthur out the water and Merlin, and I somehow carried Arthur back to Camelot. Merlin changed Arthur when he was back in his room. I then helped Merlin put Arthur in his bed. Gaius and  Merlin sat at Arthurs bed waiting for him to wake up, I was standing in his room looking out the window. I was still hurt about what he said about me being dead wait, I know he was enchanted, but I can't help but think that he actually meant it.