Chapter 22 ~ A remedy to cure all ills

Merlin and I walk into Morgana's chambers with Edwin behind us. I look to my left and see Arthur leaning against the wall right by the door I quickly walk into the room. "Put my equipment over there," Edwin instructs.

Merlin and I walk to where Edwin pointed and set his equipment down. "Sire, I would be grateful if you could have everyone leave the room," Edwin says "I require peace and privacy." "Certainly," Uther agrees. Arthur and Uther leave the room, Gaius stays where he is, Merlin and I stop at the door. "That includes you, Gaius," Edwin says. "But I am eager to learn from your methods" Gaius insists. "Now is not the time for giving instruction." Edwin scolds. "I will need all my concentration" "Gaius," Uther says.

Gaius takes one last look at Edwin then walks out the door, I follow Gaius out Merlin looks at Edwin then walks out. We all head down the stairs from her chambers I came down the stairs after Merlin, as I came down I saw Arthur leaning against a pillar and Merlin walking over to Gaius I follow him. Not much later Edwin comes running down the stairs. Arthur stands up. "Great news, your majesty. You will be glad to hear it is not an inflammation of the brain."

"What is it then?" Uther asks. "It is a cerebral hemorrhage,"  Edwin replies "Hemorrhage?" Gaius asks "I don't think so," Arthur and Uther look at each other with puzzled looks. "I found this trace of blood in her ear," Edwin shows Gaius the handkerchief with blood on it. "God in heaven," Uther sighs

"The severity depends upon the site and volume of the bleed." Edwin explains "If not treated, it can lead to coma and eventually death,"  Uther looks at Gaius "How could you have missed this?" "I didn't see any blood," Gaius states. "Please. Just thank the fates you did not administer more rosemary to stimulate the circulation. Can you imagine what that might've done," Edwin says.

Everyone looks at Gaius. "It may have increased the bleed," Gaius says. Uther turns to Edwin, "Is there a cure?"  "See for yourself," Edwin smiles.

Everyone walks into Morgana's chambers and she was sitting on the bed... awake.

"Morgana, this is truly a miracle." Uther walks in and kisses her on the head "I thought-- I really thought," "Oh, you won't get rid of me that easily," Morgana smiles. Gaius leans forward. "What exactly did he give you?"  Morgana looks at him "I have no idea but thank heaven he did."Gaius spins around and looks at Edwin.

A while later after everyone left Morgana to rest Merlin and I got bored and when we are bored we get up to mischief, We decided to go to Edwin's chambers we did have a key to go in, but before we did Merlin called "Edwin," We stood and waited for a bit, but no one answered. Merlin looked to see if the coast was clear then opened the door and walked in, I followed him in.

Merlin began fiddling with Edwin's, he pushed a metal thing and it clanged on another thing next to it, he tried to push it back but it just clanged again, "Merlin" I hiss.  He looks back at me "Sorry" Merlin fixes it to the way it was I walk over to the other side of the table and find the box Merlin had earlier it began rattling when I picked it up. Merlin walks over to me, I look at him then open the box, It was full of bugs, "Ew, ew ew," I cry quickly handing the box to Merlin.

Merlin laughs at me then closes the box, and looks at the top on the top of the box was a spell, he reads it "Berbay odothay arisan yeldo." The bugs in the box begin rattling, Merlin opens the box to find them all moving and crawling on top of each other. I swear I was gonna throw up, I hate bugs.

"Well done," Merlin and I spin around and see Edwin. Merlin had knocked over a jar of some sort of blue powder when he spun around. Merlin holds the box out to Edwin looking very nervous, I was honestly terrified but I didn't show it. Edwin walked forward and took the box from Merlin, He opens the box "Swefe" The beetles stop scurrying around, Edwin looks to Merlin and me "You have magic," Merlin tries to convince him otherwise "It wasn't us, we didn't do anything."  
Edwin looks at Merlin "Then how else did you bring them to life? Only magic can do such a thing," Merlin and I glance at each other nervously  "These little angels. Are how I cured Lady Morgana," Edwin looks down at the beetles.  I didn't want to look at the beetles, they creeped me out, I fixed my eyes to the side of Edwin's burned face he definitely had a third-degree burn.

I came back into reality when Edwin shut the box and put it down on the table. "Magic can be a force for good," Edwin says. Merlin and I look up at him "We know" I say. Edwin looks at us puzzled, "Then why do you fear it?"  Edwin walks away from us. "It's not that we fear it just that Uther has banned it, It is not permitted," I say, Edwin, turns to look at me.  "Should I have let Morgana die?" He asks. "No," I shake my head.  "People like us-- We have a gift. Do you not think it should be used to make this a better world?" Edwin asks. Merlin and I were still nervous. "Perhaps," Merlin replies. Edwin walks to the opposite side of the table. Merlin looks at the blue powder and begins scooping it up with his hands.

Edwin walks to the head of the table "Don't waste your time picking that up" Merlin looks up at him then stops and steps back from the table. "Feormian dust rénian," Edwin says. The powder flies up in the air and goes back into the tin it came from. Merlin looks up at Edwin and smiles. "Why wast a talent like that?" Edwin smiles. "I can teach you," Edwin glances down at the tin.

Merlin looks down at tin "Readan ax giotan," the tin flies up and pours the blue powder into a bowl then floats back to where it came from. Merlin was smiling down at his handy work, I look at Edwin and he was looking at Merlin like he was plotting something. "What do you use this for?" Edwin asks. Merlin looks up at Edwin. "Gaius doesn't like us using our...gifts" I reply. Edwin looks at us astonished "A gift like yours, should be nurtured, practiced, enjoyed," Edwin slowly walks closer and closer to Merlin and me. I look at Merlin he looks like he was beginning to trust Edwin. "You need someone to help you," Edwin continues. "To encourage you, both of you,"

Merlin was smiling at Edwin, "Perhaps,"  I, unlike Merlin, was not going to trust a word he said, there was something off about him. "Imagine what we could achieve altogether If we shared our knowledge," Edwin says calmly. "Thanks, for the kind offer but we should be heading back," I say through gritted teeth.  "Of course, but you must promise to keep our secret safe," Edwin says. Merlin smiles brightly at Edwin "Of course," Edwin looks at Merlin and me "People like you two and I-- we must look out for each other,". 

I roll my eyes and walk to the door, I was outside waiting for Merlin. He comes out the door and begins walking to Gaius's chambers "You didn't actually fall for that, Did you?" I ask. Merlin looks at me "Fall for what?" He asks. "You know the whole I can help you thing," I reply. "Oh, well yeah he is like us," Merlin says "Why don't you trust him?"  "I don't know" I reply  "something about him seems...off,"