Chapter 32 ~ The plan

Arthur and I were sitting by his table when Merlin walks in.  We both look up at him.

"Sorry were we interrupting something?" Merlin asks

"We?" I ask 

Merlin pushes the door open wider to reveal Morgana.

"Nothing you two need concern yourselves with. Merlin make yourself useful. Muck out my horses. Morgana goes back to gossiping with Gwen." Arthur says.

Merlin and Morgana both looked hurt by Arthur.

"I trust them," I say.

Arthur looks at me then looks to Merlin. Arthur sighs and gestures for Merlin and Morgana to come in. Merlin and Morgana walk-in nervously and they stand at the door.

"We're going to break the druid boys out of the dungeons," Arthur says casually.

Merlin walks forward "You can't do that!" he says urgently.

"We have too. He's getting executed at dawn!"  I state.

"I mean." He looks at Arthur then me "It's too dangerous," He looks at Morgana "You've already been caught once, and if the king catches you a second time, he'll never forgive you." 

I could see Arthur was thinking about this.

"I'm not worried about myself," Morgana says

"Merlin's right. When my father finds out the boy's escaped, he will suspect you of being involved," Arthur says.

"Its suicide" Merlin states

"You must go to my father and apologize. Dine with him. He cannot hold you responsible if you're with him when the boy escapes." Arthur says, obviously excited with his idea.

"You need me if the plan is to work! You can't do this on your own," Morgana says, trying to persuade Arthur to let her help.

"No, we don't I am here to help, and Merlin is also here to help now,"  I say  

"Me?" Merlin asks  

Arthur stands up and walks to Merlin. "I'm going to take the boy out through the burial vaults..." 

"You're going to take the boy? I said I was going to take him," I say angrily.

"No, you're not. It's too dangerous." Arthur says to me.

"But..."

"There's a tunnel that leads beyond the city walls. Get my horse from the stables and meet me there,"  Arthur continues cutting me off. 

"Bring my horse too," I say 

"Olivia, you are not coming with, I will not let you get hurt!" Arthur shouts.

"But..."

"That's the end of it! You're not coming." Arthur says.

I slump down on my chair.

"There's a grate that covers the entrance to the tunnel. Bring a rope and a grappling hook to pull it off."  Arthur says, continuing to recite the plan.

"No, I can't," Merlin says nervously.

"Merlin, do you understand?" Arthur asks  "If you're not there to meet us, we will surely be caught." 

Merlin nods.

~A few hours later~

It was almost time for Arthur to leave, and I wasn't going to let him leave me behind.  I grab my cloak and run out of the door.