Chapter 54 ~ The Gargoyle's

That night I was walking with Gwen down toward the lower town. I was going to walk her to her house then I would come back up.  I was wearing a green cloak and dress.

We were walking through the gates when a living gargoyle landed in front of us and screeched

We were walking through the gates when a living gargoyle landed in front of us and screeched. Gwen and I both screamed spun around and ran back to the castle. We got split up I have no idea where she was, but I know she was safe. I sprinted back into the castle and ran into Arthur fully dressed in his armour. I was out of breath.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?" Arthur cups my face with his hands.

"There... there was a creature out there it's attacking the city." I say 

"Are you okay?" He looks me up and down.

"I-i'm fine" I reply

"I must go alert my father. Stay inside, promise me you'll stay inside."  Arthur says, still holding my face.

"I promise," I say

He drops his hands and runs to wherever his father is.

"Merlin..." I whisper.

I run to the dungeons. To see that Merlin already burst the door of the cell open. 

"Oh, I see you've got this handled." 

"Yeah, Let's go!"

Merlin sprints up the stairs I was behind him. I walk past the open door and see Arthur lying on the floor. I come up behind him, just as one of the creatures come down to hit Arthur I pull him out the way.

I let go of Arthur and look up at the creature. 

"Olivia! " He says in pain, "I thought I told you to stay inside."

"When do I ever listen?" I say 

Arthur stands up and looks at me "That thing could've killed you."

The creature came down from behind Arthur.

"It still might!" I run forward and push Arthur to the ground.

The thing flies over us.

"That's twice, I've saved your life," I say 

"Don't get cocky" Arthur says.

I get up then help Arthur. I take him to where Gaius was taking care of everyone. Arthur sits down on the table. I look Arthur and see a stab wound in his chest. He grunts in pain.

"I'll get you something to stop it from bleeding," I say

I turn to get something to stop the blood.

"Olivia!" Arthur calls

I turn and walk back to him.

"I wanted to say..." He takes a deep breath "Just... uh... You always surprise me."