Chapter 81 ~ Morgause's Challenge

Merlin and I head down to Arthur; we grab our horses and leave Camelot. We rode for a while; we got to a fork in the road.

"Which way?" Merlin asks

"Do you actually know where we're going?" I ask.

"It's this way" Arthur points to the left path.

Arthur squeezes his horse on, but his horse snorts.

"Come on," Arthur kicks his horse on.

The horse whinnies and doesn't move.

"What is wrong with this horse?" Arthur asks, "It's even dumber than you, Merlin."

"The horse is not the problem its the rider," I say 

The horse starts walking down the right path.

"Where are you going? I thought you said it was left." Merlin says

"It's not me. It's the horse!" Arthur states, "Morgause told me, 'When the time comes you'll know your way,' " 

"So the horse knows where we're going," Merlin says. "Great." 

Merlin squeezes his horse to follow Arthur.

"So, we are really following the horse?" I ask

"Yes!" Arthur and Merlin shout.

 We continue down the road.

"What if Morgause challenges you to do something you don't want to do?" Merlin asks

"I'm not expecting it to be easy, Merlin. That's why it's called a challenge." Arthur replies.

"So, you would do anything, she asked of you?" I ask

"I gave her my word. It's a question of honour." Arthur says 

"What if she challenges you to do something even less honourable than breaking your word?" Merlin asks.

"Will you stop, rabbitting on?" Arthur complains. "We're in Odin's territory. We could be attacked at any second." 

"I just think it's strange to agree to do something when you don't know what it is," Merlin says

"One more word out of you, Merlin, and you'll be taking the challenge in my place," Arthur says. 

I was walking next to Arthur on his horse. Suddenly I hear Merlin's horse neigh and him grunt. I spin around and see Merlin lying on the ground; I look at the hill and see some men run down the hill. 

I grab my sword and jump off my horse.  Arthur attacks one of the men.  I see another one go straight to Merlin; I grab my bow and arrow and shoot the man by Merlin while Arthur threw his sword into the man's back.

Another man comes charging at Arthur. I rush forward and parry the blow that was coming down at Arthur.

I swing my sword at the man stomach. He falls to the ground. I look around to make sure no one else was around.

"You alright?" Arthur asks

I nod. Arthur looks at Merlin.

"Don't worry, Merlin. We'll deal with this. You lie there, make yourself comfortable." Arthur says

I walk back over to my horse and put my sword into its sheath; Arthur does the same.

"Maybe we should turn back. The woods could be full of Odin's men." Merlin says.

"You can go back if you want to. I won't stop you." Arthur says.

"Merlin, you can go. I'm staying here," I say