Chapter 5 ~ First day

It was Merlin's first day working for Arthur,  and mine being able to go where I wanted. Merlin was outside with Arthur training,  I was standing with my Bow and Arrow shooting at targets when I finished practicing I turned to see what Arthur and Merlin were doing Merlin was putting a helmet on and Arthur was getting ready with his sword then he started fighting I walk closer to hear what they were saying.

I heard Arthur repeat in the same sequence each time "Body,  shield, body shield." It was the same each time then he caught Merlin off guard and said "Head." then hit Merlin on his head.

I stifled a laugh 

"Come on Merlin you're not even trying." Arthur spat.

"I am!"   he said angrily.

"Once more," Arthur said.

I can just barely hear Merlin say under his breath "Oh no."

Arthur continues, by the time Arthur finished Merlin had fallen on the floor and was out of breath 

Arthur walks forward and looks down at Merlin "You're braver than you look, my other servants collapse on the first blow, "

"Is it over?" Merlin asks completely out of breath now.

I walk over to Merlin and help him up then turn to Arthur "Now now Arthur I thinks Merlin's had enough,"

"Well, I need to practice unless you would like to take his place?" Arthur says while fixing his armor," 

I glance at Merlin and he shakes his head but I ignore him and say "Sure, let's do this."

I take Merlin's sword and smirk at Arthur "I'll go easy on you,"

"Hey don't get cocky now," Arthur laughs 

When Arthur least expected it I swung my sword Arthur's reflexes were quick there's no denying that but he underestimated my sword skills and he thought he was so cool so I decided to teach a lesson I swung my sword but just as he was about to block it I spun around and used my feet to knock him over. He lay on the floor and looked absolutely shocked

I look down at him "How does it feel to lose to a girl,"

He jumps up quickly "No fair the sun was in my eyes I want a rematch,"

"Sorry Arthur,  I have some wandering around to get too," I smirk at him and begin walking away 

I can hear Merlin laughing then just suddenly shuts up 

I hear Arthur shouting " You have to do a rematch because it was an unfair win," 

I spin around "Looked pretty fair to me,"

Then before I knew it I hear someone running toward me I start sprinting toward the castle but Arthur was too fast he was already right behind me he tackled me and I was on the floor.

I glare at him "Arthur, do you mind getting off me?"

"Not until you say it was an unfair win," Arthur says

At this point I didn't even know where Merlin was I'm pretty sure he was still lying on the floor where we left him.

I roll my eyes at Arthur "Fine, it was an unfair win,"

Arthur smirks while getting up he offers his hand to help me up I push it away.

"Wow, feisty much?" he asks 

"Wouldn't you be too if you were just tackled?" I ask 

He laughs "Don't be such a pansy."

I roll my eyes and see Merlin hobbling over too us 

I look at him. "You okay Mer?" 

"Not really," he mumbles

"Well don't get too stiff we still have more training," Arthur smiles.

"Well, then I'll leave you guys to it," 

Merlin looks at me with these eyes that looked like he was trying to say don't leave me with him. 

I laugh quietly "Good luck Merlin, and Arthur it would be deeply appreciated if you don't pommel my brother."

Before anyone could answer me I walk away. I head up towards the castle I decided to go look around town for a while. I sigh eventually I got bored of town and decided to head back to Gaius's chambers seeing that I had nothing better to do. 

"Ah, Olivia how was your day?" Gaius asks 

"It was good I explored the town for a while" I smile

"Well I'm glad you had a good day now go rest," He smiles at me.

I smile back at him then I turn and walk into mine and Merlin's room I flopped down onto my bed and took out the spellbook and started reading spells,  a little later,  I heard  Merlin walk into the main room I quickly got up and went to see if Arthur had actually beaten up my brother. Merlin looked extremely unimpressed and exhausted. Gaius found this very amusing and started laughing 

"So how was your first day as Arthurs servant?" Gaius asks Merlin

Merlin was completely out of it he started hitting his head which was pretty concerning.

"Do you hear clanging?" he asks

Gaius sits Merlin down and begins massaging him then Merlin starts ranting and raving about how horrible his day was I didn't feel like listening so I decided to go back into our room. I lay down on my bed and fell asleep.

The next day Merlin left pretty early he said something about asking Gwen for help I ate my breakfast and headed slowly to where the tournament would be. Just before the Tournament began I slid into a seat and look up to see all the knights and what not lining up to get addressed by Uther. I look over to where  Arthur was and see him looking at one of the other knights with a nasty look, I look away before Uther starts speaking.

"Knights of the realm it's a great honor to welcome you to the tournament at Camelot. Over the next three days, you will come to put your bravery to the test your skills as warriors and of course to challenge the reigning champion my son, Prince Arthur."

I roll my eyes, of course, the king has to gloat about how amazing his son is I mean honestly there really isn't much to him at all.

Uther continues "Only one can have the honor of being crowned champion and he will receive a prize of one thousand gold pieces."

Everyone begins whispering when Uther said this when all I was thinking about if Arthur will get those pieces if he wins or will the king just keep them.

"It is in combat that we learn a knight's true nature, whether he is indeed a warrior or coward," he says

I was beginning to daydream,  I mean like enough talking just get on with it already.

"Let the tournament begin!" Uther shouts

I almost fell off my chair after that, finally, the tournament has begun.