Chapter 33 - Coming-of-age

I was standing at Arthur's coming of age ceremony. He was kneeling in front of Uther in his ceremonial robes. I was standing near the back with Merlin. I was wearing one of my nicer dresses it had a green skirt and a yellow upper part that had patterns on it. 

My hair was tied up in a bun with two white roses that I picked from the forest tied into it

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and its dominions according to the statues, customs and laws laid down by your forebearers?" Uther says

"I do, sire." Arthur replies.

I glance over at Merlin he was wearing the official ceremonial robes of a servant for Camelot. He may not show it but I knew he was proud of Arthur.

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgments?" Uther asks.

"I do, Sire." Arthur replies.

Uther held this weird staff thing out to Arthur. "And do you swear allegiance to Camelot now and for as long as you live?" Uther continues

Arthur grabs the staff with one hand "I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service," 

I look at Merlin and see Gwen smiling at Merlin. I smirk, Merlin's got an admirer.

"And to the protection of this kingdom and its peoples." Arthur continues.

Uther smiles at Arthur then turns to grab a crown. "Now, being of age and the heir apparent, from henceforth," Uther places the crown on Arthur's head "You shall be Crown Prince of Camelot." 

Everyone begins clapping, Arthur rises and turns to look at every one. I clap and smile happily Arthur was officially a Prince of Camelot.

"How does it feel to be the servant to the crown prince of Camelot?" Gwen whispers to Merlin.

"Washing his royal socks will be even more of a privilege," Merlin whispers back.

"You're proud of him really, even though you complain about him constantly. " Gwen says.