(XXIX) A farewell

Tulia sat in the physicians chamber after her examination

Tulia sat in the physicians chamber after her examination. The young Queen felt sick to her stomach yet she didn't know whether this was because of the baby or what she had just witnessed, she had told the physician that she was worried about a pain that she had felt, this hadn't been true but she did not want to tell the man of the thirteen dead bodies at the other side of the castle.

"Have you felt any movement from the baby?" The physician asked, sitting down behind his desk where he began to write on a piece of parchment. 

"Not yet," Tulia affirmed. "I assumed it was too early."

"Its common for them to start around now," The physician told her. "If you have not felt movement by next week, come back to me."

"Thank you," Tulia nodded. Standing up from her seat carefully. "You will be the first I turn to."

The physician nodded to his Queen as she got up from the chair and left the room quickly. Closing the door behind her it wasn't long before she was met with the worried eyes of her husband. 

"What did he say?" Charles urged, pulling Tulia into a hug and kissing her on the head as they separated. "Is the baby ok? Are you ok?"

"He said that everything's fine," Tulia assured, smiling sadly at her husband. "The baby should start moving soon."

"Thank God," He breathed, pulling her into another hug. "I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you."

"Crash and burn." Tulia jested.

"Probably." He smiled back at her, the two momentarily forgetting their worries just by being in each others presence. "I have something to show you."

"What?" Tulia questioned, pulling a face of confusion when he pulled her gently down the halls by her arm. 

They walked for a while and Charles never spoke, she kept pestering where he was taking her but he never answered, it was quite annoying. Finally they got to the Kings study and they stopped. Charles grinned at her  before he pushed open the door and ushered her inside. 

Upon looking around the room Tulia noted the presence of someone in the chair opposite the desk. Hearing someone come in, the person stood up.

"Delphine?" Tulia asked, the woman looked a lot cleaner than she had before, she looked a lot more noble. Delphine smiled at her in confirmation before Tulia walked over to her and gave her a gentle hug. "I haven't seen you since-"

Tulia could not get her next word out, Delphine nearly died saving Francis' life and in the end it was all in vain. The Queen hadn't been present when she had saved her best friend, but Tulia had visited her countless times in the infirmary to thank her for letting them have more time with him.

"Since Francis." Delphine nodded, watching as the Queen dropped her head slightly in sadness. "I'm sorry for your loss." She looked between the both of them with pity as they both reminisced upon the loss of a loved one.