(LXIV) Flags will Byrne

21st august 1566

21st august 1566

It's been hard.

Coming back and pretending to lose my place in France has soiled my reputation greatly. I often find myself wondering if it really is worth it. My privy council see me as this damaged, pathetic, girl. I can't tell them the truth, not yet. 

There has been no suitors that have come forth to ask for my hand, truthfully this comes at a great relief. Henri has been a great help to me in these past weeks, but I cannot look at him without feeling confused. I don't understand why he took off so quickly when I was on my death bed. Surely if he loved me, like he says he does, he would have stayed. 

It is selfish that I want him to love only me, when I myself cannot love only him. 

23rd August 1566

I approached the subject of Nicole with Henri. Never before has he been so reserved. His demeanour was not cold nor was it angry, he was slow with his answers, almost as if he was rehearsing something he had told himself to say. 

I reminded him of when he stated that she said she loved him, but all he did was tell me that it was a lie he precured in the moment. It did not look, nor did it sound, like a lie. He told me he loved me right after our conversation, his tone did not sound as sure as it did the first time. 

A weakness of myself is that I forgive too easily. I forgave Charles for what he did, when I should not have, if Henri has done something bad, I fear that I will forgive him even when he does not deserve it. 

I pray that he is one of the good ones, just like he portrays himself to be. 

The children love him, the babies stop crying when they are in his arms. He would make a brilliant father, whether they will be to my future children, I do not know.

26th August 1566 

Elizabeth's troops are concentrated in Cornwall. Now is my time. 

I revealed to the privy council the plan with France and they seem to be dubious about my ideas but I cannot miss this opportunity. My only goal now is to make sure that my men have taken Wales by the end of the month. Week even. If I do not do it now, I may never have the chance again. 

1st September 1566

My men have secured the remaining counties of Wales. The only obstacle we hit was in Denbighshire, the home of Robert Dudley. It was a shock to him when he was dragged out of his bed in the early hours of the morn. I do not like using loved ones against my opponents but Elizabeth does not know that I do not truly have the heart to hurt him, but I would be a fool to not threaten it. 

I myself intend to travel to Wales before the day ends. Caoimhe will be staying in Ireland. 

You see, there are many reasons that I chose the girls to be my ladies. Caoimhe with her Irish charm, her intelligence and her wit. Gwendolyn with her Welsh strength, her stubbornness and her ability to say it like it is. Sophia with her Spanish bravery, her regal looks and her decisive nature. Melody with her French free spirit, non existent filter and inquisitiveness. My girls all hold certain features that would allow them to rule in my stead. 

I trust them to take my name, take my crown and take my face. 

Elizabeth can never know where I am. They will wear my clothes, sport my red hair, hold my crown, sit on my throne. Each one of them posing as me so that I am everywhere at once, yet nowhere at all. 

You cannot kill something you can't find.

The letter I have written to Elizabeth is short but sweet. She won't find me now. She won't stop me now. 

{Letter to Elizabeth Tudor, Queen of England from Wales}

The English flags are burning. 

Long Live the Queen, 

Tulia, Queen of Wales. 

AN- hey so basically I've been feeling really shitty all week and if you follow me you'll know I found out quite recently :/ 

I'm quarantining now which I thought would make it easier to update but surprise surprise it hasn't. Going to try and write another update for tonight or tomorrow but I've been set up on online learning and I still have to complete all my work so just bare with me guys x

Have some random Tulia images I made at 3am lmao