(V) A Loss

28th November 1558 

Four years had passed since Tulia's mother had made a marriage contract between herself and the King of France's son Charles Valois

Four years had passed since Tulia's mother had made a marriage contract between herself and the King of France's son Charles Valois. Many things had happened since that day, the most important of these events being that Tulia had partly taken control of her country under the influence of her regent, and the second being that the King of France had died making her fiancé the new dauphin in the event that Francis and Mary didn't have any children. 

Tulia missed Francis greatly,  the month that he had stayed at court when they were eleven and twelve brought great joy to her as they got up to great mischief that their mothers both frowned upon. She spoke to Charles merely twice out of politeness but refused to have 'play dates' with him after he kept reiterating that she resembled a squirrel. 

Today the fifteen year old girl sat stiffly on the throne, her back was burning from having to have a perfect posture whilst she met with various people that had travelled far and wide to announce their problems and expect her to fix them. She had been sat on her throne for three hours straight not speaking as Finnan always beat her to it. The young girl felt slightly embarrassed that she had not been able to solve any of the problems that had been brought forth to her that day but she hoped that in time, tasks like this would come naturally to her. 

"Your Grace, introducing Simon Westbrook from England." A guard announced as a handsome man with a red and gold jacket walked towards her with a solemn look upon his face.

"Your Grace," He began, addressing Tulia formally and ignoring Finnans presence completely, " I have some harrowing news that you may prefer to hear in private." Tulia looked to Finnan with an unsure look, although she was born in England and was the heir to the English throne she knew perfectly well that she couldn't really trust them. Finnan however had other views on this as he nodded for the girl to get up and leave with the man.

Reluctantly she got up, smoothing out her grey dress she walked gracefully out of the door with the man, they were followed of course by two members of her Queens guard. Together they walked to a medium sized room that held a few servants that were busy cleaning the ornaments. Upon Tulia's entrance they stopped what they were doing and curtsied, the young queen smiled slightly before dismissing them for the day. The servants smiled brightly at the order and swiftly left the room.

"What is it that you wanted to discuss, Lord Westbrook." Tulia asked, her bright blue eyes staring straight into his own.

"Well I'm quite surprised on your chosen attire given recent events but I am not hear to discuss your clothing choices." her eyebrows knitted together at the statement but her facial expression had clearly been ignored or missed by the English Diplomat as he carried on with his speech. "The Queen would like to formally announce that you are banned from her coronation"

Tulia and the diplomat stood in silence for a good minute before the Queen chose to speak.

"Why would my mother need a second coronation?" She asked sceptically, there was no reason for her mother to be crowned again as Philip of Spain had left her, and why in the seven hells would she ban her from it.

"By the god." Simon muttered, shock evident on his face. " You don't know, do you?" 

"Stop being cryptic." Tulia growled, getting more angered with the Englishman every  second. "Tell me what you are talking about." 

"Your mother, Mary Tudor, passed away earlier this month." Simon announced, "Your aunt Elizabeth has taken the title of rightful Queen of England, marking your illegitimacy."

Tulia's mouth opened in shock as she stared at the older Englishman, her breathing slightly increased as her eyes pricked with tears. 

"How could this happen." She gasped, still not allowing the tears to fall, " Why wasn't I notified? How have I been rendered illegitimate when I am the true descendent of Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII."

"The Queen has announced that upon her death bed Mary I renounced you as her heir." Simon stated, looking at the younger girl with a look of slight pity. "She then proceeded to claim that Mary wasn't even Henry VIII's daughter."

"Her  mother was a whore, how do you think she lost her head." Tulia shouted, a single tear escaping down her cheek. " And do not call her a Queen in my presence, she is nothing but a liar."  Simon smirked slightly at the Irish Queens words.

Before any other words could be exchanged between the pair, Finnan walked through the doors with a solemn look upon his face.

"I take it you've heard the news." He asked, placing a hand upon the young girls shoulder which she shoved of almost immediately.

"Did you know?" She accused, glaring through watery blue eyes.

"I-" He began, the young man struggled to find the words as he looked upon the heartbroken young girl. "yes." Tulia's jaw clenched in anger as she looked upon the man that she trusted with her country.

A loud slap rang through the room as the regents head snapped to the side. He looked at the fifteen year old girl in shock as Westbrook laughed silently to himself next to the red head. 

"You have cost me a country." Tulia growled, "and quite possibly my head"

"Then don't let her take it," Simon interjected, " Usurp what she has stolen from you, you are the preferred leader due to your religion and heritage."

"He's right, you are the product of a King and a Queen. Never believe that you are inferior." Finnan agreed softly to Tulia who glared at him with the upmost distaste for the time being. 

"I am not inferior." Tulia stated, " But you have allowed me to be bested and I will never trust you the same."

"I take it you'll need a new regent." Finnan muttered, lowering the less regal crown from his head.

"Perhaps I do." Tulia spat, " But today is not the day." with that she left. The two men were stunned to say the least, with the look of fury on her face they both believed that she would strike them down where they stood but the young girls had a mercy in her that her mother never had.

*Tulia was told by her grandfather that Anne Boleyn died because she was unfaithful to him. 

I know this is short and crap but i'm not feelign well at the moment and i needed to get something out to you because if i dont i probably wont have the motivation to write again :/

Trying to upload weekly btw :))

Please comment. I need to knwo where i'm going wrong :///