(I) A coronation of a Queen

1st October 1553

Horse's hooves clattered onto the frost bitten ground, leaves crackling with every step that the six stallions took, and the sound of wooden wheels turning against the cobbles alerted the residents of London that their Queen had arrived

People lined the streets just to catch a glimpse of the Queen before she was coronated, their heads craned and eyes squinted as the parade passed by. Black and white horses marched in front of the carriage, the people mounted on them sat tall and regal, eyes front and backs so rigidly straight it was if they were wooden soldiers glued into position.

The privy council held position at the front, along with knights and bishops who were to attend the great event, a sight that no one had seen before, a day that would solidify itself into women's history. The first coronation of a Queen, the day that Queen Mary I was anointed Queen of England in spite of the opposition that marked her illegitimate.

Behind the royal carriage that contained Mary I, trailed two more, in the first held Queen Mary's husband and the King of Ireland, Cillian I and their daughter Tulia Byrne the crowned princess of England and Ireland.

Cillian was a tall slender man with blue eyes and a curly mop of auburn hair surrounding the golden Irish crown that sat rightfully on his head. He was in no way a warrior but his intelligence exceeded his youth, the man was rumoured to be able to lay waste to army's and burn cities without even lifting a finger. He was popular in England for that aspect but many craved for a warrior king, somebody who could fight the strongest and still come out unscathed, someone Cillian could not be. Do not, however, presume that the public were against their king because they were not.

Tulia's Beauty is recognised around the countries even at the young age of ten, her hair was almost a bright red and her eyes were an icy blue that sparkled whenever she smiled, many had sought for their children to be her suitor but all had been turned down, even the King of France's son, Francis de Valois. Against popular belief, Cillian wanted to give his only daughter a choice as he didn't want her to be stuck in a loveless marriage like he had been in for the past ten years.

In the final carriage sat Elizabeth Tudor, Mary's younger half sister and Anne of Cleves. Elizabeth who had not publicly shown any affection or love for her older sister was there simply to support the Tudor families claim to the throne. Anne of Cleves however had been invited by Mary I as she remembered how her father had made Anne feel the same humiliation that her mother, Catherine of Aragon, had faced all those year prior to his death due to the divorce he had thrown onto them.

As the carriages arrived at Whitehall Palace the horses and carriages stopped, and out stepped their Queen. Mary was wearing a purple gown with ermine edges and a heavy circlet of gold was worn on her head to signify her importance. the second half of the journey would be travelled on foot, from Whitehall palace to St Peters church where she would be crowned.

That day Mary Tudor was anointed Queen Mary I of England by Stephen Gardner, the bishop of Winchester. Although not truly a King of England, Cillian Byrne was recognised as the King Consort of one of the most powerful countries in their discovered world. And heir to all this power, sat a young ginger haired beauty who's life would be defined by circumstance, plots, love and painful betrayal.

(Please comment if you notice any mistakes)(also how I portray Mary I may not be 100% accurate )