(XXXIX) Goodbye

13th may 1562Tulia could not stand it anymore

13th may 1562
Tulia could not stand it anymore. The constant looks of pity from the other nobles, the whispers of gossiping servants, and the taunting of the Kings new whore. 

Tulia had wanted to tolerate Nicole but she found herself being unable to do so, she now knew how it felt to be Catherine, knowing constantly that your husband would rather be with another woman, tore a persons heart into pieces. When he first came back Charles had at least tried to spent time with his Queen but upon receiving the silent treatment and constant crude remarks about his mistress he had stopped seeing her all together. He occasionally went to see Harry, which Tulia was grateful for, but she vowed to take him away if Nicole dared to ever lay her hands on Tulia's son. 

Harry was developing well and showed signs of intelligent thought quite early on in his life, Tulia deduced that this was because of the time he spent with John. The two-year-old boy loved to teach his younger cousin everything he could do, the age difference could not destroy the bond that the two had created. Tulia would describe their relationship to be like that of siblings, skipping over the resentment that siblings usually had for each other when they were younger. 

A knock on her door startled the young Queen from her thoughts, she allowed them to enter as she waited patiently for the hand-maiden behind her to finish the long plait that went down the back of her head. 

"Your grace." The nanny panted as she almost barrelled through the door way. Tulia nodded a thank you at the woman doing her hair and dismissed her quickly. 

"What is it?" Tulia asked in concern, smoothing out her dress as she got up from her chair.    

"You told me to tell you if King Charles allowed his mistress to come anywhere near the nursery." She gasped out, the older woman was out of breath from running the full length of the castle to reach her Queen. "She's in there alone with Prince Henri and John as we speak."

Tulia's blood boiled with anger at the woman's words, she had warned her husband that if Nicole stepped even one foot inside that room she would leave before he could even realise they were gone. 

"Thank you for telling me," Tulia nodded, moving quickly out of the door, grabbing an envelope as she went by. "Give this to Aidan Kelly, go straight there and give it to no one else, if someone offers to take it for him do not let them, not even if it is the King himself."

The woman nodded and left in the direction of the training grounds whilst Tulia went the other way. Her heart was beating loudly in her ears as she approached the door. The closer she got to it the more she wondered why Nicole was there, the nanny said that she was alone, why would she be there without Charles?

The sound of loud crying could be heard echoing throughout the long corridor that runs up to the nursery room, Tulia could see as she approached that the door was ajar and shouting could be heard inside. 

She was about ten paces away from the door when it opened abruptly and a small blonde haired object came running out of it. Tulia observed John running out of the room, with tears streaming down his face, upon seeing his mother figure he flung himself into her waiting arms.