(XVI) The Letter

14th July 1560 

14th July 1560 

Arriving back at Ireland has been a much needed relief. My people welcomed me, it was the first time in a long time that I have felt truly needed. The letter from Elizabeth has been weighing on my mind heavier than the crown, I intend to speak with Finnan about it in the morrow. During my trip I received notice that Francis had collapsed, I wanted to return but I was advised that my presence was greater needed in Ireland. If he dies, the last conversation that we had was in anger, I pray to any God listening that he has good health.

15th July 1560

Finnan has tempted my fury over the years but never before has he forced me to achieve the levels of anger and resentment I feel for him today. He has told me to accept Elizabeth's proposal, to discard a relationship with Scotland and betray the one I am forming with France. His words did not explicitly state it but the meaning behind what he said stated that I was stupid for the decisions that I was making. 

2nd August 1560

The new regent King of Ireland when I travel to France for my wedding to Prince Charles has been appointed, Finnan has been dismissed. I will not be humiliated in front of my subjects. The man treated me as if I were still a child. It may have only been Seventeen years since my birth but my decisions are mature and well thought out. Having support from England would raise conflict between France, Scotland and all of their allies, no longer will I be ordered around like a school child, I will lead like a King.

13th August 1560

My letter for Elizabeth has been finished and read by every single one of my advisers, including the new regent of Ireland Dainial Shea, they have all agreed that I should not give up England for an 'opportunity' of getting the throne upon Elizabeth's death, which could be many years from now. I will marry Charles and I will take back what is mine. I do believe that it is time for the Vatican to receive a well over due letter from myself.

19th August 1560

I received a letter today requesting my presence at French court from the King himself. He has informed me that he has received a letter from Elizabeth asking for a marriage contract between herself and Charles, Francis does not want to accept it and wishes for me to come to France for further talks. That is where I am headed now. My friendship with a local lady named Siobhan O'Hara has allowed me to infiltrate England from it's very core, she will be acting as Elizabeth's ladies maid all the while being a loyal informant of me. Her name will be changed to Annie Smith and Elizabeth will be none the wiser. 

AN- very very short but guess who's going to be present in the next chapter!!!! Charlie boy.

The next chapter is very long. Unless I write a chapter soon it will not come out until Tuesday next week but I've been writing recently to take my mind off of things so perhaps you'll get it as soon as tomorrow :o ooh look at me trying hard for once!

As always, comment if you see any mistakes (grammatical, historical, spelling, punctuation, all that jazz)