(XI) Ireland

10th December 1559

10th December 1559

I knew there would be a lot of work to do in returning Ireland to my rule after they had been under that of Finnans for so long, but I did not anticipate it to be this hard. I miss French court and I miss Francis and Mary but I have my duty here as Queen and I shall fulfil it with every ounce of strength that I have.

But alas I, Tulia Byrne, have solidified my throne in Ireland. The Irish are not afraid of war, but that doesn't necessarily mean they enjoy it.

The people were excited, to say the least, that there has been rumoured that my claim to the English throne is becoming more and more popular in England. If I am to succeed, the threat of English rebellion would no longer be a problem. My people want England, and I shall not fail them.

The title of my faceless fiancé had risen, from prince to Dauphin therefore my strength had grown greatly. My alliance with Mary and Francis had not wavered and the rumours about Elizabeth taking Ireland were false. For the time being I couldn't be in a better position.

I'm sure all will change when I return to French court in the near future.

11th December 1559

I had planned to return to France today but there's a storm brewing, I can feel it. Many of my people warn that I should not travel to France as it will be to dangerous. I am beginning to believe them.

12th December 1559

My people were correct, but not in the way that I expected. My fleet left without me and were attacked by Elizabeth off of the Cornish coast. It is to my knowledge that she believes that I am dead.

It is not safe for me to return yet. I fear that Mary and Francis believe that I have fallen too. I can not send news yet, as I fear that the message will be intercepted. But I am safe, with my people.

26th December 1559

The plans have changed, I can not leave Ireland at this point in time. It is way too dangerous. News has arrived to Elizabeth that I am still alive and she is furious, she had believed that she had finally seen the back off me. My cousin is smart and I worry how she will retaliate.

6th January 1560

She is coming. Elizabeth is sending troops to take Ireland, I fear that we have a long and bloody battle on our hands. I shall send word to Mary and Francis in hope that they will send reinforcements. Ireland may be strong, but England is stronger.

28th January 1560

I fear that we can not hold off Elizabeth any longer. Many have fallen and are losing hope. I have had no news from Mary and Francis. Forgive me lord but I am beginning to lose faith in my allies. My friends. I have been advised by many that I should not fight but how can I ask thousands of people to fight for their country when I am barely doing anything to protect it myself. This is my country and I will not see it fall at the hands of a Queen not worthy of my crown.

29th January 1560

A miracle from heaven has arrived on my land. The people of Scotland have rebelled in the north, many English troops have been pulled back to tend to that matter. I have hope, my people have hope but most importantly, we now have a fighting chance. Morale is higher than ever. Men and women  have chosen to fight now that their Queen is fighting alongside them. They have hope with a leader that will protect them as much as they protect her. They do not wish to stand behind a coward.

5th February 1560

I have word from Francis. He's here, his troops have sunk the English ships and his men are willingly fighting alongside mine in order to save my country, to save our alliance. The English stand no chance against us now, Elizabeth would be a fool to not retreat. The strength of our allegiance has stopped an army, stopped a war. My people trust me now. There was still doubt of my rule because of the fact that I am a woman but never will they doubt me again for I have shown them that I am willing to risk my life for the sake of OUR country. I am the peoples Queen and I will be the Queen of England.

6th February 1560

Spies have been sent to infiltrate English court, this will give me details on Elizabeth's plans for me. My cousin shall not get the better of me. She will not win.

--

AN- Just a little transfer from my other book :) short but sweet 

Correct any spelling and grammatical mistakes please - Love, the author x