(XV) The King of Navarre

GUYS IM SO SORRY I RELEASED THE WRING CHAPTER FIRST AYHAHAJDHJDUHF FFS SORRY FOR ALL THOSE THAT READ LETTERS BEFORE THIS ONE LOLO IM AN IDIOT

SORRY FOR ALL THOSE THAT READ LETTERS BEFORE THIS ONE LOLO IM AN IDIOT

March 1960

Francis has not spoken to me since the events of last month. He confuses me, his messages are mixed and I still don't know how he truly feels about me. I pray our distance does not harm the allegiance. I care about our friendship too but the allegiance matters more to my country and I can't let them down in ways that many has before. I refuse to be the reason that Ireland falls, I won't be called the Queen who lost her country.

I fear that my time in this country has come to an end, I don't wish to step one toes here. Every day that I am here the more obvious it becomes that I am not needed, I want to leave but I am afraid of what will happen if I do. If I leave things how they are with Francis and Mary I may never take back my throne or the trust of my friends. But if I stay, I fear that I may never recover from rejection.

The young Queen sat back in her chair as she finished writing in her diary. The King had been ignoring her since they almost kissed the other day. The Queen had barely uttered a word to her since their discussion about Conde and his feelings. She had never felt so alone.

A knock on the door sounded the red head out of her thoughts. Standing up, she walked towards the door and opened it slightly to peer out at who was outside.

"Aidan." Tulia uttered, her voice was a tone of surprise. "What is it?"

"I Know you said you didn't want to go to the ball tonight but I really think you should reconsider." Aidan spoke, awkwardly placing his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"I am not really in the mood for a party." She mumbled.

"The King of Navarre has just arrived at court and he is excited to meet you." He responded, looking around to see if anyone is listening. "He's not someone you should generally associate with but I fear that he knows something that you don't"

"What do you mean?" Tulia Questioned, ushering him into her room quickly.

"He asked King Francis about you." He answered. "He specifically asked if you would be attending the ball tonight."

"Why would he care?" Tulia muttered, confusion spread across her features.

"I don't know." He said truthfully. "That's why I think you should go."

"Alright." She agreed, huffing slightly at the thought of having to get dressed in such little time. "Get my ladies to help me dress, and make sure you are ready to get me."

"You want me to go with you?" Aidan groaned.

"It wouldn't be right if a Queen turned up to a party alone," Tulia smiled cheekily. "Would it?"

---

Tulia chose to wear a soft green dress to this event as it was the mark of the first bloom of spring. Of course the bloom would die in a matter of days and the winter was not truly over but it was the peoples way of having hope for new life and new beginnings.