Rescued

*Your P.O.V.*

"I sti-----she------close--fire"

"She-----warm----"

"---------burne-------"

"She's fine"

"She's too-------Alex"

You whimpered as the voices got louder.

"Shh, she's waking up."

"Hey there"

You forced your eyes open and observed your surroundings.

"Hey, can you hear me?"

Your eyes shot towards the noise. There were 2 men in front of you. You tried to kick yourself back but ended up just digging your back into the wall behind you.

"Hey, Hey, we're not here to hurt you. I promise." The man in front of you stepped back with his hands up.

You stopped and observed them.

One had light brown hair and honey eyes, he was tall but certainly not as tall as Lucifer. The other had dark brown hair and deep green eyes. He was shorter but definitely taller than you.

"Hey, there kiddo," The shorter man greeted.

You nodded.

"What were you doing out in the snow?" the taller one asked.

Just then you realized that you weren't as cold. That was probably due to the fact that you were no longer outside; instead, you found yourself in a relatively small cabin. You looked up at them in fear. They could be kidnappers.

"Why don't we start off differently?" the taller man asked, noticing your hesitance.

"I'm Daniel Espinoza. Most people call me Dan." he continued.

"This is Alex Jerard. We both work for the L.A.P.D"

You nodded.

"Can you tell us how you got out there all by yourself?

"I-" your voice cracked.

"One moment" Alex stepped out of the room and came back with a glass "here"

You tried to push back further into the wall as he stepped forward.

"I won't hurt you. I promise." he tried to soothe.

You slowly took the glass and smelt it. It didn't smell like poison. But you didn't trust it. Instead, you handed it back to him.

"You're smart, kid." he took the cup and took a small sip before wiping the rim and giving it back.

After that, you chugged the water. Your throat burned as it absorbed the much-needed moisture.

"I can get you some more," Daniel offered.

You looked hesitantly from him to the cup, before handing it to him.

"Can you tell us how you got out here?" Alex asked as Dan left for more water.

You shook your head. It would only get you in more trouble if you told the cops. They'd take you away from home again.

"Do you not know?" He asked.

"L-Lost" you croaked.

"You got lost?" he asked with masked disbelief.

"Y-y-es" you responded.

"Okay." he sighed.

The room was silent when Dan came back. He awkwardly handed you your water and went to speak to Alex elsewhere.

*Daniel's P.O.V.*

"She said she got lost," Alex told me.

"There's no way she was just lost" I defended. "Look at her clothes. They're all torn up and covered in blood."

"I know. I know. But there's nothing we can do. We just have to sit out the storm then we can take her back to the station. Meanwhile, I think the kid needs some food and more water." Alex reasoned.

I nodded and we went back into the living room.

Walking back into the living room I re-observed her. Her sweater had been nearly shredded and was almost soaked in now dried blood. Her pants were in similar condition. She smelt like blood and mildew. Her hair was knotted and frizzy. It looked like someone had put her in a blender. With how balled up she was I couldn't tell how bad her injuries were but the way she shuttered and flinched at every move told me they were bad.

"Feel better?" Alex asked her.

She nodded and shivered.

"Here." I pulled the blanket off the couch to give to her.

As I approached she flinched and held up her arms defensively.

"Sorry, sorry," I stepped back.

"Dude!?" Alex scolded.

He grabbed the blanket from my hands and slowly approached her from the other direction.

"Here, take this. It'll help you warm up.: he said as he crouched and gently held out the blanket to her.

She let out a small whimper and curled back up. Alex sighed. He folded up the blanket and left it at her feet.

We sat there and watched her shiver for the next hour or so. Most kids would be balling their eyes out. Based on the fact that she wasn't I assumed her home life wasn't very nice, to say the least.

"So what's your name?" Alex broke the tense silence.

"(Y-Y/n)" she responded meekly.

"Can I ask you a question (Y/n)" I asked.

She gave me a confused look but nodded.

"Is that your blood?" I asked.

She whispered a quiet 'yes' as she began to shake.

"We can check your wounds if you want. So they don't get infected." Alex suggested.

"No-no, I-" She shook her head and placed her head between her knees.

I sighed.

A/n This one is a bit longer than usual but I have other torturous things to put you all through. 

Thank you all so much for the votes and comments, I love reading them. Especially when you guys leave comments reacting to parts of the story. 😂😂🤣 

I hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening/night.