Going

A/n  Hi everybody!!!! A while ago I got a few comments on the progression of the story. I want to thank Noir_Stories and elijack5523 for offering the feedback. I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this part. (I was a little scared on how to proceed as I got comfortable just inching along) But I'm back now. I used my time away to rewatch some of Lucifer so I could make sure that I got the characters as correct as possible and create a better storyline. I won't be making any changes in previous chapters and from here on out I will be moving the story on at our original pace and no more stalling!!!  Thank you all so much for your feedback and encouragement.

On with the story.

*Third Person P.O.V.*

"Are you sure you don't want to see her?" Mr. Lark asked the younger male.

"Yes, I'm sure. I cut myself off from that family a long time ago and even if she wasn't a part of what they did I'm not ready to see any part of them again. I just came to help because No one deserves to live through what I did." Mr. Perce paused and looked the old man in the eyes "Besides she has her dad now and he wants to take care of her. She doesn't need me getting in the way of anything"

"She needs all the family she can get-" Mr. Perce cut the lawyer off.

"When I can I'll try. But right now I can't. I'm sorry."

The lawyer sighed and watched as the girl's uncle walked away. Truly the girl needed as many people as she could to rely on. Not that he didn't have faith in Mr. Morningstar. It's just- He wasn't there for what this girl went through and at this point, he only had 3 years to give her what she should've had before he can no longer help her.

I pray to God that she gets a better life with him.

Though Mr. Lark had never met the girl he knew about her scars and how Lucifer didn't want to bring them up to the court in fear of what they'd make her do. It was the right choice. The court would've called in the girl and asked her about them or had photos taken. Most abuse survivors couldn't even walk into the courthouse even years after. He doubted the little one would've handled it well.

He's lucky Mr. Perce showed up as a character witness.

Driving away from the courthouse Lucifer had mixed feelings: Dread, Relief, Urgency, Anger. He struggled to stay the speed limit; occasionally swerving a bit too far to the right.

He had to make a trip to the store. Maybe it would be better if he did that with her. Had she ever been in a store? She didn't even know what orange juice was. Well, she did, but she never had it. What will Mazikeen say? How will they react to each other? What about Amenadiel?

Lucifer jerked the wheel and a symphony of car horns when of as he moved into the correct lane of traffic.

"Prick" someone called out of their window.

Lucifer sighed and focused on the road in front of him.

*With (Y/n)*

She leaned against the doors of the vehicle as the rain drowned out the tune of the radio.

"You okay back there, kiddo?" Ms. Sara asked, looking in the rearview mirror.

You stayed silent and drew your legs into your chest. You hardly heard her, too busy trying to discern the thoughts storming in your head.

Why am I going back? Why did I have to leave? Why was Iwith them? What did I do? Canfix it? WhatifI cant? Whatifwrong?WhatwhenI?Wherethen?what?Who?

It seemed only a few minutes before your thoughts were cut off. Fluorescent lights illuminated the space outside the car, showing you the blackened cement and rundown building in front of you.

"I'm back. I didn't know what you liked so I just got you water and some Doritos." Sara smiled and handed you the 2 objects.

You hesitantly took them and placed them in the seat beside you.

"Sweetheart, I know it's hard but could you try to eat something? I can get you something else if you really don't like those."

You stared at her for a moment before picking up the bag and opening it. She smiled and turned back around.

"Thank you. We'll be there in a couple more hours."

You mumbled a thank you and nibbled on a chip.

You were silent for the rest of the drive, your head making up for all the things your mouth wasn't saying