Arguments

(In this part there is a brief mention of Tourettes and it's used as an insult by a drunk person)

He acted as if she was responsible. Like you had somehow wandered here by yourself. Like you were just faking all of it.

"Her mother dropped her off here. Clearly she didn't want her. Isn't it better that she's here with me?" Lucifer asked with an irritated tone.

"She's a child Lucifer. You can't take care of her. You don't have the faintest clue how to even begin." Amenadiel said sharply with a tone that said 'don't be like this'

"I'll learn. I can't be that hard" Lucifer said with more irritation.

"No. I think it's best we find her mother. She's just a child. She probably wandered in here because she heard something her mother said" Amenadiel redacted, bluntly.

I gripped my arms, knowing better than to step into an argument.

(memories and yelling start here)

"YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!! ALL YOU DO IS LOUNGE AROUND AND MOOCH OFF OF ME!! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A JOB!! YOU'RE A HORRIBLE EXAMPLE FOR MY DAUGHTER AND I WANT YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!"

My mother yelled at her most recent partner. They had only known each other for a month or so before he moved in. He lost his job soon after. He never did much. He sat, and watched television. The only time I interacted with him was to get him something he asked for. My mother began to hate him, but I found his presence to have a small upside. I would spend all night cleaning and in the afternoon when he woke up I would ask to go outside.

(This is a memory in a memory)

" ummm........M-Mr.Kenny? I finished all my chores. Can I g-go outside for an l-little p-please?" I asked in a shy tone.

"Sure kid do whatever you want. I don't care. And stop stuttering all the damn time. You sound like you have Tourettes. " He said sharply.

(Second memory ended)

Even though his tone was harsh He always let me go outside. He let me see outside the house. The windows were always shut but when he was home and mom was gone I could look outside. And if I finished my chores I could go play in the backyard. That's why they were arguing. The neighbors saw me. They called someone and they said I was very pale and sickly.

"I TREAT YOU AND THAT PATHETIC RAT OF A CHILD GREAT. BAD INFLUENCE? AT LEAST I KEEP THE KID BUSY WHILE YOU'RE AT WORK-"

I didn't really get to hear the rest of it. I hardly heard the first part of it. It had all been a mumble. I didn't understand that they were upset since that was my mother's usual tone for me. I ran up to my mother and gripped her arm.

"Can he please stay mommy??" I asked looking up to my mother with pleading eyes.

Sure I was only five, but I knew that when she said out of this house she meant forever. I don't remember the after events, but I do remember the scolding about adult arguments.

"Darling? Are you alright?".......(It's heard as a mumble)

You were snapped out of your thoughts to Lucifer's voice and his hand hovering over your shoulder.

A/n hey!! I ran out of lucifer memes so...............Have a cat. Also, this chapter is mostly the first person in the reader's POV because I feel that memories convey and write better that way. Let me know what you think of your past and how I write out the characters. Have a wonderful day/evening/night.

Also, this update is early because all week I've been "Is it Tuesday?". It's been kinda hard to stick to once week (out of my own excitement), but I have to in order to allow myself time to write decent chapters. Instead of just continuously giving you filler chapters or a few pages every month.

Kigha~