Linda

"Lucifer you-" Linda gasped as she stormed out of the elevator.

"Doctor! How are you?" I asked as I turned to face her.

She stilled for a moment, eyes trained beside me. And that's when I remembered- (Y/n) was right next to me.

"Oh! Linda this is (Y/n). (Y/n) this is Doctor Linda," I introduced.

I glanced to (Y/n) realizing that she had stood and turned to Linda.

"Um.... Hello (Y-Y/n). Uh- Lucifer can I speak to you in private?" She said as she grabbed my arm and led me away.

"Oh- yes of course. Just a moment (Y/n)."

"Why is there a child in your living room??" Linda asked while basically glaring at me.

"Oh yes, well as of late it turns out I have a daughter. (Y/n) is she," I stated calmly.

Linda looked back in amazement or disappointment. I don't really care.

"How old is she?" Linda asked.

"14," I replied looking back to (Y/n).

"What happened?" Linda asked solemnly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

We both watched as (Y/n) held her arms and glanced around the room.

"How'd you find her?" Linda stated bluntly.

"Her mother had just dropped her off the night before last" I answered.

"What?? So when you said recently you meant-"

"Yes. Her mother threw her out in front of Lux and told her to look for me," I stated.

I looked to Linda for a reaction but she was watching (Y/n). When I followed her gaze I noticed that (Y/n) was staring at the floor trembling again.

"She does that alot." I clarified.

Linda gave me a sad look and I explained everything that's happened since she showed up. Throughout the entire conversation she seemed to understand more than I did. When I told her about the scars her eyes widened and she glanced worriedly to (Y/n) who had since relocated to her room. I told her about how she needed clothes because her old ones were practically rags, and how she refused to take any help. When Linda asked how I went about convincing her to do it she sighed.

"What?? Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No. She probably doesn't want to burden you. And if her mother did just drop her off here then she probably doesn't want to do anything to make you get rid of her" Linda deduced.

"But I told her that it wouldn't be a problem."

"She doesn't feel that way. It takes a while for people to believe things like that"

"And what about all the shaking and hesitancy?"

"She's probably nervous."

"How do I fix it?" I asked.

Linda seemed taken aback by my questioning. She stared at me frozen for a moment. I just sighed and waited for her to come back to earth.

"Slowly. You work on it slowly" she began "and you can't lash out when she reacts different than you want her to. It will take a lot of patience and care."

I nodded.

"Are you sure you're up for this Lucifer?"

"You really are beginning to sound like my brother." I teased. But the look on her face was stern.

"I will do my best," I responded sincerely.

There was silence for a moment before I remembered what Amenadiel had said about her needing to go shopping with another female.

"Linda?" I called.

She turned her gaze from the bedroom door to me.

"Could you go shopping with her?" I asked. "Amenadiel said that it would be awkward for two men to take her shopping so I was wondering if you or the detective could" I clarified.

"Chloe knows?" she asked

"No, I haven't yet told her."

"You should. She probably has some good parenting tips. And I think you should talk to her before taking her out in public. Especially since she's just met you." Linda said.

She looked at her watch.

"I have to go. I understand if you want to take a while off of appointments-"

"Actually could we have our appointments here?" I asked.

"I think I can arrange that"

We arranged an appointment for a week from now and she said that she'd call to check in later on.

"Linda" I called as she walked to the elevator.

She stopped and turned.

"Thank you."

"Take care of her okay? And your welcome." she called as she walked into the elevator and left.

A/N

Hello everybody. I know that this is a little late. I would like to thank you all for almost 8k reads and all of your comments. Knowing that you guys like my story enough to actually comment is amazing. I love the encouragement and activity. I would like to tell you guys that I'm going to be pushing updates back a little. Don't worry I'll still be updating once a week. For now, I'm making it Sundays so I have the weekend to write and focus. And once school starts up (in person right now it's online) I might make it Wednesdays because I write during school a lot. Again, sorry I'm late and I hope you guys are having a wonderful Day/Evenng/Night.

~ Kigha