Staying.

"Darling?" He sounded concerned.

You moved back away from his hand and nodded.

"She clearly doesn't like you Lucy. She needs her mother." Amenadiel stated.

"She's staying and that's final!" Lucifer said sternly.

"Brother-"

"No! Her mother left her here. Left her with me. She's staying with me. I'm keeping her. And if you're not going to be of use then leave" He continued in his stern tone.

"She's not a dog Lucifer. "

"And I don't plan to treat her like one. Now, do I have to remove you?" He asked in a darker tone than before.

"No. I suppose I should supervise, to ensure the safety of the child." Amenadiel said as he finally caved in.

"Wonderful! Now we must get her warmer clothes." Lucifer said as he grabbed his keys and began to walk to the elevator.

You didn't move. You never went anywhere without permission. You had never been allowed to choose your clothes nor even see them before they were handed to you. That, and you haven't been shopping since you were little. You didn't know what to do or how to act. You were so little when you went shopping you just followed any directions you were given. You knew that wouldn't be the case now.

"Lucy, wait." Amenadiel said, obviously seeing your withdrawal.

"What now brother?" Lucifer said as he spun to face him.

Amenadiel walked up to Lucifer and spoke quietly.

*Lucifer's P.O.V.*

"No. I suppose I should supervise, to ensure the safety of the child." Amenadiel said as he finally let me get my way.

"Wonderful! Now we must get her warmer clothes." I said as I grabbed my keys and headed to the lift.

I expected to hear footsteps behind me, but I only heard my brother call out to me.

"Lucy, wait."

"What now brother?" I said sharply as I turned to him.

I had expected his protests even after he agreed to let her stay with me and I planned to meet them with much resistance.

Amenadiel walked up to me and spoke quietly.

"Maybe we should send her with Mazikeen or Linda" He suggested looking over to my daughter who was clearly uncomfortable.

"What for?" I asked not understanding why he suggested she go with anyone else.

"Lucy, she's a teenage girl. From what I've heard they tend to prefer going with other females because they find it embarrassing." He said confused as to why I was confused.

I gave it a little thought. Then I got it.

"Oh. Well, yes. You're right." I said awkwardly.

"That and Lucy, the child hasn't bathed." He pointed out even quieter ways to not offend her.

He was right. Her hair looked very oily and her face seemed a bit dirty. Aside from all the rips in her clothes they also looked like a mess.

"I'll see if she can borrow Maze's clothes for the time being," I said to him,

"That sounds like a good idea. I'll go talk to Mazikeen, you handle this. " He said as he entered the elevator and left.

I turned to her so I could explain and noticed her eyes were seemingly glued to the ground in front of her.

"Why don't you go shower and I'll have some clothes for you when you get out?" I said gently.

She opened her mouth to speak but kept the silence and nodded hesitantly.

"There are towels in your bathroom as well as soap," I said, ushering her to head to her room.

She slowly walked into her room and shut the door behind her. As she showered I poured myself a drink and waited for Amenadiel's return.

A daughter. Part of me smiled at that. I never gave thought to having a child - mostly because I despise the things- but I like her. I like the thought of having a child. Someone to raise and protect......and love? Maybe. But another part of me hates it. They're afraid. Afraid to fail. Afraid she'll panic if she sees my true form. And angry. Angry that I wasn't there. That she's so seemingly scared of everything around her.