Say Your Grace

*Your P.O.V.*

*The next day*

"Hello (Y/n) was it?" the older woman greeted.

You nodded.

"OH, it's so good to finally meet you." The old man cheered.

The woman was shorter than you by a few inches and wore a knitted grey dress and shawl. Her face was soft and wrinkled, her deep green eyes framed by her chestnut hair. Her companion was a bit taller than you and had a stockier build. He looked very healthy for what you assumed to be his age. His hair was far lighter and only dusted his head. He had a slight white stubble and cloudy bright blue eyes.

"Do come in dear. We'll show you to your room and get to know each other over dinner." The woman said.

She stepped into the house and held the door open for you. You waited for the man to step in first but he sent you an expecting look. You squished by him and followed the woman as she led you through the house.

"I know it's big. Try not to get lost" the man said as he followed the both of you.

You nodded again.

"Gotta speak up. I can't hear your head rattling" he bit.

"Yes sir, Sorry." you choked.

"Oh, you have quite good manners for a child your age" The woman complimented.

"Thank you," You said quietly.

"I think we'll all get along just fine then!!" The man placed a hand on your shoulder and pulled you into his side.

They then left you to get dressed for dinner and gave you directions to the dining room.

Later you found yourself lost in the labyrinth of the house. You had taken 4 rights and somehow ended up in a totally different hallway. You felt your heart turn to stone as you continue around the hallways. It began to weigh on your lungs. Your head felt heavy.

Are we breathing? We're not breathing. Are we? Just take a breath.

You took a breath and your head cleared.

Walk. just walk. We'll find it eventually. ωнαт ιƒ ωє ∂ση'т? We will. We'll get there. ωнαт ιƒ тнєу нανє тσ ¢σмє gєт υѕ? Stop. ωнαт ιƒ-

"Hey, there you are."

You jumped backward and froze. Your mind still processing what was happening.

"You okay? I didn't mean to scare ya"

It was your grandfather.

Stop. Breath.

"Sorry. I got lost" you said.

"S'okay just listen better when we give you directions, yeah?" he asked.

"Yes, sir" you replied.

It was quiet as you walked to the table. When you got there your grandmother was already seated. She looked a bit annoyed but didn't say anything as you sat down.

"I told the cook to keep dinner warm. He'll bring it out in a moment." She said.

When the food came out you sat silently.

"Let's say our grace. (Y/n) why don't you say it tonight" your grandmother said expectantly.

Grace? Like agility? No. It's more than that.

"What- what's grace?" you asked.

"You don't know your grace?" your grandfather sounded astonished.

"I was never-"

"Hush!! I'm sure my daughter taught you you just didn't listen," she said with a mean look. "Now say, your grace"

"I-I don't" you tried to defend yourself.

"Say your grace now" your grandfather repeated.

You froze. You didn't know what they were talking about. What were you going to do?

"Fine. Listen closely and repeat after me." She spat.

"Bless us, oh Lord," she said pointedly.

"B-Bless u-us, oh-oh Lord,"

"Don't stutter. Say it again" Your grandfather demanded.

This went on until eventually, you had repeated exactly what they wanted you to exactly how they wanted you to.

"That wouldn't have been difficult had you just said it the first time we asked you to" Your grandmother scolded.

You just nodded.

A/n

hello guys. I know it's not Sunday but I've been gone a while. Just been a bit busy. Thank you all so much for sticking around. I really wish Wattpad had more font. I write in google docs and copy to Wattpad (because sometimes Wattpad is glitchy) and the font I had chosen didn't copy over. Thank goodness for my history teacher who linked ligojam to us once. 

Anyway, I hope y'all are having a wonderful day/evening/night. And I'll see you later.