Not right

When I got home it was late. We had gotten an anonymous tip that led to us making an arrest on one of the suspects. We found his brother to be guilty but he wasn't home. So there's a warrant out for him. As for the last 2? They have no evidence pointing them to the crime. Yet. We'll find it.

As the elevator ringed I looked into the penthouse.

Amenadiel must've cleaned up. He had called me saying he needed to leave an hour ago. I sighed and headed towards the guest room. (Y/n)'s room. My mind corrected. I raised my hand to knock but I decided against it. She was probably asleep.

The next morning I got up early to make breakfast. Eggs and bacon. Surely she'd like this. At least the bacon. Humans do love their fatty foods, don't they? Humans. Right. She's not human. At least not if she's my daughter.

mmm. I wonder what she can do. Do Nephilim still have the same kind of power angels do? I'll ask her about it when she gets a little more comfortable here. I still have yet to convince Amenadiel to teach her about angels in general. What's that smell? I looked down at the pan to realize I had begun to burn the eggs. Crap.

After making new eggs and some bacon I set the plates on the counter and went to get (Y/n). Walking into the room I immediately noticed her leaning against the bed frame.

Always on the floor. Well, at least it's by the bed now. I hope that means she's becoming more comfortable.

"(Y/n)?" I called from the doorway.

She moved a bit in her sleep but didn't wake.

"(Y/n)" I called again.

She stirred and lifted her head to look around the room.

"Hello, darling. Good morning. I made breakfast if you'd like some" I greeted.

She hummed a little before curling back into the corner. I chuckled. She must not have heard me in her sleepy daze.

"(Y/n), come on love you have to wake up," I said gently.

She made a weird whimpering noise and tried to hide further in the corner.

"Love, come on," I said.

I called her name a little louder but this time she didn't even move. I was beginning to get a little frustrated. More than a little. If I can't walk any closer and she's not listening to me what in heaven am I supposed to do?

"(Y/N)"

And just like that she jumped up and turned towards me. Her eyes were wide and she was leaning against the wall.

"I-I'm sorry" She stuttered. It was the clearest she's sounded since she told us her mother was 'Probably out somewhere, huffin' somethin','.

"It's okay. I made breakfast, why don't you come eat?"

"Ye-yes ma'a- sir. Yes sir." she stuttered and nodded.

We went to the kitchen and she sat as I got her food. She was fidgeting as I slid a plate in front of her along with a cup of orange juice. When she didn't move to pick either up I gave her a quizzical look.

"You can eat it. It's not poisonous." I said.

She nodded and began to examine the wall across from us. Dear father!! Why does she keep doing that? Why won't she just eat?

"Amenadiel said you refused to eat yesterday. Are you starving yourself?" I asked

"N-no sir" she whispered.

"Well, then why won't you eat?"

"I'm not hungry"

"I don't believe that"

"I-I'm not hungry"

"You need to eat dear even just a little," I said sternly.

She nodded and picked up her orange juice, taking small sips.