It's Arrived

"Now, I mean no offense but those clothes are hardly suitable for this weather." I tried to reason with her.

"They're fine" she replied in a soft tone.

Before we could finish the elevator dinged and the doors opened.

"Lucifer, Linda wanted me to remind you that the-" Mazikeen stopped as she saw (Y/n) next to me. (Y/n) had turned in her chair to slightly face Maze. She had a blank look on her face, but Maze, however, was fuming.

"LUCIFER! A CHILD, REALLY! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS. YOU KNOW IT'S NOT OKAY TO-"

"Mazikeen, please. I'm not sleeping with the child. Father knows how I hate them-" I stopped realizing what I had just said. I had to correct myself and quickly

"But this one is an exception. (Y/n) meet Mazikeen. Mazikeen meet (Y/n), my daughter." I said as I gestured from one to the other. Maze's jaw went slack and she gave me a startled look.

"Daughter? I swear Lucifer If you're messing with me-" She began her threat.

"No. no tricks. Her mother dropped her off last night." I stated, trying to keep Maze from blowing up.

"You? Have a spawn?? Hah. " she said, making fun of me.

"Yes, yes, laugh it off," I said defending myself.

"Hey, kid? Your dad's a playboy. "

"Mazikeen!" I said sternly.

"What? The kid should know what it is when she hears crap at night"

"Mazikeen," I said again more sternly this time.

"Alright."She said as she put her hands up in surrender and turned back into the elevator with a smug smile on her face. "I just can't wait for Amenadiel to hear about this."

"No, MAZE, WAIT!" I tried to call out as she left.

I didn't want to deal with my brother any sooner than I had to. But I guess that's not the plan anymore.

"Who was that?" (Y/n) asked.

"That was Mazikeen. She's the demon I brought from hell when I came up here" I said honestly. Because we all know, a devil doesn't lie.

"Who's Amenadiel?" She asked hesitantly, probably unsure about what she heard.

"My brother," I answered.

"Will he be upset? Do I need to leave? I ca-" She started rambling.

"No, darling. You're perfectly fine. He'll probably just be upset about me not knowing I had a child and then me not telling him as soon as I found out" I stated as I cleaned up.

She stood to help me clean but I stopped her, telling her to go freshen up and giving her her bag. She replied with a small okay and left back into her room.

~shortly after~

"Brother. Hello!" I said in mock happiness as I heard him show up in the elevator and walk out so he appeared normal.

"You have a child?" He said clearly upset.

"Yes. Turns out I do. She showed up last night after her mother, so kindly dropped her at my doorstep." I said the last bit with sarcastic venom.

"Lucy, you know that we are not supposed to procreate with humans." He said disappointed

"Yes, I know. It wasn't intentional. And besides, it's too late to get rid of it." I said countering him so he couldn't scold me any farther.

"How old is it?" He asked.

I was a bit shocked he didn't continue scolding.

"A-ah? She's fourteen, I believe she said" I pulled out of my thoughts to answer.

"May I meet her?" He asked hesitantly.

I could tell he was upset but he was calming himself.

"You cannot hurt her," I growled agreeing with his question.

"Of course not." He was a bit shocked at my reaction.

I left the room and walked to her door. I knocked softly then opened the door to see her back on the floor with a book in her hand. Honestly? Why does she think she's not allowed on the bed? She's not a dog.

"Hello," I said as I got her attention

She turned to me and tensed a little.

"Why is it that you sit on the floor? You are allowed this entire room. I would not have given it to you if you weren't." I was confused.

"I um, it's just a habit. I guess?" She said questioningly. She had closed the book around her finger and I could see the ruined cover. The book was almost in shreds but obviously intact enough to read. The cover was just one of the beginning pages of the book. It was terribly bent with plenty of rips to the edges.

"What are you reading?"

"It's um......call of the wild," she said, a bit disappointed.

"It looks a bit tattered," I said, wanting to know why she held such a broken book.

"It's been through a lot," She said as she admired the broken edges of the book

" Seems so. Would you come to meet my brother?" I asked gently

"Y-yeah," she said as she began to stand. 

A/n Wow! First appearances of Mazikeen and Amenadiel. I know Maze's time was short but we'll be seeing more of her in the future. Especially once I set in stone what season I'm gonna place this in. Also thanks to Grammarly for helping me correct things that google docs doesn't. Hope y'all are safe, happy, and having a wonderful day/evening/night.

I know it's not our Lucifer but it's a Lucifer. Sorry. And thank y'all so much for almost 1K reads!!

Kigha~