Waking up

"(Y/n)? That suits you. Why don't I show you to a room, huh?" He asked kindly.

You nodded and continued to look away. You knew you shouldn't follow a stranger, but he didn't seem threatening. Not in the slightest. He turned left off the elevator and went into a small hallway. He left the door open as he walked inside.

"This is where you can stay. It may not fit your tastes so we can decorate it, later on, paint the walls, change the carpet etcetera. But for now, just get some rest. We can do that later" He said as he turned on the light.

The room was huge. A window taking up most of one of the walls, a window seat below it. The only carpet in the room was in the step down near the window to the seat. There was a queen-size bed in front of the door against the wall and a door right next to it. At the other end of the room, there was another door. He must've noticed your observations because he immediately began to explain things.

"The bathroom is over there and this one is a closet. It's empty but we can change that too." He pointed to the doors as he explained them.

He seemed happy, It was odd. Most people's reactions to you were distasteful, so you'd assume he was happy about something else. Probably scaring the crap out of that guy earlier. He turned to you and smiled.

"I'll leave you to get settled then. I have some calls to make." He said as he walked out of the room.

You were anxious. What if he didn't want you here? What if he got upset that you showed up later on in the night and came in to yell at you? What were you allowed to touch? What were you not allowed to touch? Will you get in trouble for going on the carpet? What if........ you stopped yourself. You couldn't have a panic attack here or now. It's not fair to make him deal with that. He's already doing a lot by taking you in for the night so you couldn't let him see you as broken. You have to be fine. Normal. You'll just sit here and sleep by the door so you don't touch anything.

*Lucifer's P.O.V.*

I should call the detective. She has a spawn, she'll know what to do. Maybe not though. I'll probably get a worse scolding from her then Amenadiel. Dear Father, what am I supposed to do? I've already missed 14 years of her life and I don't know a thing about this child. I'll have to make up for lost time, won't I? I suppose I should call someone. I'll call tomorrow. She seemed very stressed and I don't want to scare the child with sudden visitors this late at night.

~ The Next Day ~

I woke up early and didn't see anything missing. That's good, at least the child isn't a thief. I headed towards the guest bedroom. Approaching the door I heard her heartbeat. It was loud and quicker than it should be. Concern immediately consumed me, and I opened the door. I looked at the bed to see nothing there. Looking around the room, nothing was disturbed. Nothing opened, nothing touched, nothing even slightly different from where I left it. I then noticed a small (l/f/c) and black ball just by the door. It was shaking. It took a moment but I recognized it as (Y/n).

She was curled in on herself, her head in her knees, and her arms around her legs. It looked very uncomfortable. I squatted down and sighed. She shot up and kicked herself back, keeping her eyes on me as she did. Once she stopped pushing back she turned her head away. I scared her. I could hear her heartbeat, it sounded like it would beat out of her chest. I immediately felt the need to calm her.

"Hey, it's alright. You're alright. No need to be frightened" I said as softly as I could.

A/n Hey! doin my best to update as much of the story as possible. I'm trying to post two pages at a time. Let me know what you think about this chapter. ~Kigha