The beginning of a nightmare

A/n 12/20/2020

*Lucifer's P.O.V.* (we're skipping a few days here)

It's been 5 days since they took her. I can't seem to stop worrying. They took her from me. I've done nothing but clean and organize since she left. I have a court case in 2 days and that's all I can think about.

"Lucifer?" Chloe called from the elevator.

"What?"

I had already yelled at Chloe. At first, I blamed her but I understand that after this I will have custody and she will be safe.

"Lucifer, you've cleaned the bar 7 times now."

"So? It needs to be clean"

"Not that clean. C'mon, you need to get out. I'm sure (Y/m)(she pronounces it wrong) is fine."

"(Y/n)" I corrected her.

"Right. (Y/n). sorry."There was a moment of silence "Come on we have a case" She said as she grabbed my arm and dragged me out.

*Your P.O.V.*

The days had continued like that. You'd sit in your room and read and they'd take turns trying to get you to eat. Sometimes you slept. Most times you didn't. You became restless. The longer you sat still the more anxious you got. It was hard to focus on the books. At some point, you had gone back to your own. Reading every word with practiced ease. It wasn't that the other books were hard; or that the words were any different. But you could recite the words of Call Of The Wild off the top of your head. Right now you were seated in your corner staring out the window. You were trying not to sift through memories or analyze them. It didn't work for long. Your mind wandered back to one of your first mornings with Lucifer.

~Flashback starts here~

"Can you play??" he asked as he sat at his piano.

"Only the first 5 keys right of middle C" you responded

"I could teach you?" he offered.

"N-no i-it's okay," you said.

"It's no problem I assure you," he coaxed.

You wanted so desperately for him to mean it. But he didn't he couldn't have.

"It would be nice to have somebody to play with and don't you get tired of reading your book?,"

He was persistent. Not entirely wrong either. There were some times where your book did get boring. You could only read the same words in order so many times.

"O-okay" you stuttered meekly.

"Well come on then" I encouraged.

You sat down next to him and he started to explain how to read the notes. You paid attention to every detail. Your anxiety slowly faded as he went on. When he wanted you to try a bit it flared back up.

"I can show you first if you want," He asked you.

You froze. He definitely saw it. And he froze too.

At some point, he had managed to convince you to play a bit. It was a long process. At first, when you hit a wrong key he would tell you no and you pulled your hand back and tensed up. After a while, he didn't tell you no anymore. Just showed you the right key when you stopped. After a while, you had managed to play half of whatever he was having you play.

"Wonderful!! You're a natural" He said as he turned and smiled at you.

~Over~

At no point had you wanted a hug any more than you did right then. You imagined when you were younger. Every hug you have had seemed cold now. The memories dulled and ruined. You wanted to remember a good one. But each one you had was pursued by a negative emotion or event.

*Lucifer's P.O.V.* (Skip 2 more days)

I was standing at the Defendants bench on the left of the courtroom. I was nervous. Would she be here? Is she mad at me? I thought. In as little time as I had known her, I had grown attached.

"All rise"

I stood. Wait who's at the other bench?

"Sorry I'm late" a call came from the public's door.

😊😊😊😊