Working

You waited until you were sure he had gone to sleep and walked into the kitchen. You had stumbled across cleaning supplies while putting away dinner and had since been planning to spend the night cleaning. You would've begun to clean earlier but honestly, you didn't feel comfortable even breathing in the same room as anyone else.

So you got to work. Starting with higher places like counters, shelves, and couches. Then sweeping and mopping. By the time you were done, it was about 5 AM. You would assume as the sun hasn't risen yet but it wasn't completely dark out either. The entire lower floor was spotless. You yawned and went back to your bedroom. You briefly thought about sleeping on the window seat or at least at the foot of the bed so you had something to lean against. No. I didn't do enough work. Maybe later. If I'm good. You grabbed the bag you were given and placed it against your side for warmth.

*Lucifer's P.O.V.*

~2 days later~

I was with the detective downtown today. A man had been stabbed. There were drugs on the scene and most of the cops wanted to link it to gang violence and walk away. But Chloe thinks they're planted. We were testing some of the substances when my phone rang.

"One moment," I said as I stepped away and answered the phone.

It was Amenadiel he was speaking about how (Y/n) hadn't gotten any more comfortable and was hardly eating. After a while of discussion, we settled on talking when I got home. When I got back to the detective everyone was giving me weird looks.

"What?" I asked.

Everyone looked away and I strode back to Chloe. She stared at me for a moment.

"Really, what??" I asked.

"Nothing" she replied before going back to work.

"No, What??" I pried but to no avail.

We spent the day collecting evidence and interrogating a few suspects. All of which said it was gang violence. They weren't lying but they certainly weren't telling the truth. It was odd how they were all each other's alibis. Personally, I think they all did it. They were jealous of how successful he was getting. A steady job, about to get married, working to buy a house. While they were all lazy and selfish. Couldn't get off their bums for the remote even, I suppose. He really was too good for them. 

A/n 

Hello guys!! I apologize for the late chapter. I really strained to get this one put together. I didn't want to just skip a week in the story and get to what I have planned. I estimate 4 chapters (including this one) until I get there. I will update this week's chapter either tomorrow or Tuesday. 

so, I hope you are having a wonderful day/evening/night. 

~Kigha